Mackenzie Hall - done a credit search every month - why???

weller711

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

any advice most welcome

I have just obtained a copy of my credit file and found that the above have searched my credit file on a monthly basis for the last 6 months or so and whilst I admit I am in debt and have CCA'd various companies, I have not received any communication from this company so am at a loss to know why they are searching my credit file every month :confused: I have tried to Google them so I can find a number to call them to find out why they are searching my file every month but have had no joy. Does anybody know how/if I should contact them?

Credit searches lower your credit score. This is also excessive and unnecessary data processing by someone not known to be authorised to process your data. I would complain along those lines to the ICO but would avoid contacting Mackenzie Hall for the time being.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

If you do contact Mackenzie hall do so in writing and send all letters by recorded delivery. They will not respond unless you enclose money so the exercise will probably end up in a complaint. As already advised contacting the Information Commissioner is your best next step.