gargoil V Bank Of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted my OH's, 2nd claim on Monday 18th sept, he received the cash in his account 25th, it took 1 week.

I submitted a Summ cause on 29th Aug for my account, handed to Sheriff Officers on 8/9/06 paid the same day as OH's. mine took 4 weeks.

mairi

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received cheque today, 1 day after return date. Bunch of feckers!! Will waste no time in putting in 2nd claim when it clears. Haven't had time to read up on English process so will just submit through Scottish Courts!!

PS C'MON THE SCOTS AGAINST FRANCE TODAY!!!!!! :D :D

Round 2 Starts here..............................

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

VA VA VOOM!!!! VIVA ECOSSE!!!!

Scotland 1 France 0

Gargoil 1 BOS 0

I'm sure I can get a second away soon!!!!Court papers drafted and ready to be handed in on Thurs when cheque for first claim clears!!!!!

:D

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

good for you. i am now having problems. submitted 3 small claims and 1 summary cause to dundee court last week. they called me friday to say that the Sheriff is returning them cos he doesn't have jurisidction and I have to claim at the home court of the organisation. Sounds like a cop out to me. anyone know what i can quote back at him to show i can go through my local court.

On a brighter note, was at Hampden yesterday. Whatn atmosphere and what a result. Things are looking up

What banks are you claiming against tamdolan? Do you have a thread for them in the relevant section? Did you include wording in the particulars of claim along the lines of "The defendant has a branch within the area so it is within the jurisdiction of the court."? I've also had court forms recently returned to me against Cap 1 and Smile and am trying to find out what th ebest thing to do is now but am not sure!!!

BOS

Have just noticed that it is a bankers draft I have received and not actually a cheque so I will waste no time in putting new claim forms in. For round 2 I will be claiming £732 with £57.02 in interest so with court fee gives a grand total of £828.02.

BOS

Guest willowb

Hi gargoil....well done!:D

Just one thing though, make sure that it's ok to go straight to claiming for the rest, I'm not sure about this. There are procedures to follow with each claim, if it did go before a judge then you need to prove that you've given them enough time to pay up before you filed a claim.....don't give them any amunition!!

Please just be sure.

Wxx

Ok if theres doubt for the sake of a week I'll send them a 7 day LBA! I already have it drafted up anyway!! :)

BOS

My hearing date is supposed to be this Friday and I am only today writing to the court to state that the claim has been settled and could they dismiss the claim. I don't want to send in the round 2 summons at the same time as technically round 1 is not finishe duntil the sheriff dismisses it. I will send the 7 day LBA and then post the summons on Friday so the court has them next Monday (the 7th day). I'm in no great rush as I have 3 other claims at court stage now and will have another one by next week.

BOS

7 day LBA now posted for all 3 accounts, am still waiting for DPA SAR info on 4th account which I'll now chase them for!! ;)

BOS

Court papers posted off this morning. Will see how long they wait to pay out thi stime. Just decided to go through Scots small claims again for simplicitys sake this now.

BOS

• 3 weeks later...

Took there time but I finally have my details in from the court:-

Return Date :- 05/01/2007

Hearing Date :- 12/01/2007

Small Claim Allocation:- SA1253/06

BOS

Hopefully will be paid out quicker this time! :)

BOS

Am getting loads and loads of calls from Retaol bank collections. Though most times I answer the phone there is no one there. The last twice when there has been someone there I have asked if it is ok to record the call they have hung up. I have registered a complaint at customer relations who are aware that I have an outstanding balance of £1000 but have £1500+ of charges on the account. How can I get them to stop calling. I'm in the middle of a court action for an other account!!

BOS

• 4 weeks later...

Have been receiving lots of phone calls from Blair, Oliver and Slut recently and several letters. Got a letter in yesterday stating they will atsrt court action on 28th Nov etc etc. This is for my account which is sitting £1100 overdrawn and I stopped paying in July after I found there is £1507 of charge swaiting to be claimed. Have been preoccupied with court actions against BOS in regards to another account. Sending Blair Oliver and Slut this letter today. I think they'll like it.... :D

Blair Oliver and Scott Ltd

PO Box 66

Rosyth

Fife

KY11 2WG

26th November 2006

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Your Ref: - xxxxxx

In response to your letter dated 21st November 2006 threatening legal action and frequent phone calls, all of which have been logged and I am considering reporting to the Police as harassment.

At this juncture I would openly invite you to take court action against me in relation to this matter. I will not be making any payment to yourselves or your client if you do not do this.

On my receipt of your court summons it would be my intention to counterclaim for the £1507.00 of unlawful penalty charges that have been applied to this account. I have been in communication with your client already to ask for the return of this sum.

In my counterclaim I will also be asking for 8% interest on each charge which today totals £360.03. As well as this I will also ask for a sum to cover my costs in preparing a counterclaim. The total for this would be £194. A full breakdown of this amount will be provided when I submit my court papers.

Your client has also registered a default in my name with the credit reference agencies. I feel this default exists only as a result of these unlawful charges. I will also ask the court to remove this default at their discretion. This default has caused me considerable trouble in getting subsequent credit, including a mortgage at reasonable rates. It would be my intention to ask the court to award me a sum to compensate me for my extra expenses incurred as a result of this default.

I reserve the right to start legal action against your client at any time as sufficient time has already been granted to them on this matter. You have a very short period of time to act. A schedule of charges applied to this account is included.

Yours faithfully

gargoil

edit:- Oh I deliberatley didnt put Dear Sir as they don't!! ;)

BOS

Still not heard anything about my current court action (my 2nd against BOS) they are certainly taking their time!!!

BOS

How'd it be goin Willow!?! I hardly get any free time to spend on here now! But I am keeping on top of the banks! ;)

BOS

Guest willowb

Good thanks....still battling but feeling more confident now:)

I haven't read your thread here yet.....are you having problems? I'm sure you have everything under control:cool:

Wxx

Summary of this thread..

3 accounts:-

(1) Balance £0 Charges £1500+ (£750 already claimed)

(2) Balance -£1100 Charges £1500+

(3) Balance £0 Charges £400+

Have taken 1 court action and am in the middle of the second one for account (1). Blair Oliver are chasing the £1100 overdraft on account 2 which also has a default notice registered. Blair Oliver can chase all they want this now but I'm leaving that account till last to handle just to **** them off. I'd be fairly happy if they started their own action against me and I could counterclaim. Am thinking of sueing them also for costs for more expensive credit that I've had to go for as a result of their default as well. Am not sure how I'd calculate/demonstrate this for a court though!

BOS

Guest willowb

With difficulty!!! You'd have to get evidence....but how????

Are you paying anything off the overdraft? why not send a prelim? then by the time you have finished your first claim you'll be ready to file for the next? Looks like you'll have no problem getting the default removed because of the amounts involved but you don't want it getting to CCJ stage as it'll get messy and a CCJ is more difficult to get removed but not impossible.

You're a fighter aren't you!!!!

Good on you;)

Wxx

Already went through prelim/LBA stage for all the accounts and am just sending out 7 day LBAs between claims. Don't think it'll get to the CCJ stage as if they start action I will counterclaim against them and then there can only be one winner. No points for second best!! ;)

BOS

Guest willowb

Oh sorry...hadn't realised you'd got that far with all of them! Of course they can't do a thing!!!

You are having fun aren't you:p

Wxx