Bryan Carter Solicitors advice please

griswald
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bryan Carter is trying to get a ccj against me I think for his fees.

I understand that there is a way I can approach this. Can anybody help or provide me with some good advice how to proceed?

Have a read of this before you do anything

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/88566-bryan-carter-ceased-company.html?highlight=byran+carter

• 3 weeks later...

Information from the Solicitors Regulation Authority:

If a solicitor is suing for HIS/HER fees and not the whole debt, then they will probably be in breach of regulation 10 of the Conduct Regs. They ask that any evidence of this practice be sent to them, and they will act on it

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

I myself am dealing with these people and only discoved thet they set up a dd without my knowledge, Ive even been to to my bank and all they could provide me with was a telephone number buyt the dd was cancelled not by the bank or by me but by bryan carter they think

I've spoken to the Solicitors regulation Authority about this lot and their practices. They told me that this will probably breach regulation 10. They ask that anyone who has had this happen send in a complain with all evidence, and they will look into it. Won't get him struck off yet, but it will probably cost him a fine.

Please complain to the SRA

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Very pleased with self and cant thank this site enough...today, after the nasty threats from Bryan Carter I received a letter telling me that had stopped the court action against me (yey!!) thanks to all that gave me advise..it works, just keep at it.

Am really getting there with my debt issues and am feeling so much better.

• 1 month later...

Hi Any Help Please

We Have Received A Letter From Bc Regarding A £49 Alledged Debt From Littlewoods Catalogue . This Alledged Debt Is About 2 Years Old And Has Been Thro 2 Other Debt Agencies. We Have Disputed It As We Told Littlewoods The Garment Was Not Worn On Rtn ,but They Said It Was And Promptly Destroyed It. Now Bc Has Theatened Court If We Do Not Pay The £49 In 7 Days-with The Debt Rising To £114 . I Have Been Looking Thru Various Threads , Whilst Being Helpful All Seem To Relate To Credit Card Debts -is Mine The Same? And How Do I Tackle This Lowlife.

Thanks

Steve