Land of Leather Delivery Charge

lutlass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We ordered a suite from Land of Leather in July, and we were phoned last night to say delivery will next week and did we know we had to pay £69 in cash delivery? Well we didn't. When we checked our invoice it had been added in the special instructions box but we believe this was added after signature as the salesman had got me to initial everything we had agreed to and this was not initialled. We have complained to the store in person and on the phone as at no time were we informed of this. I have today written a letter to the store informing them that I will pay it but only under pressure as I want my suite, and that I intend to seek this money back at a later date (this follows advice from Consumer Direct). Has anybody else had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Its a standard part of the LOL contract. they should have told you of the charge in the showroom when you ordered the suite

i had to pay 59.00 but i was aware although i queried why and was told it was because they use contractors to deliver the sofas.

im not so sure you will get your money back as it is a term of the contract that you agree to pay for delivery

regards

paul

If it was added after signing and you can show you didn't agree to it, there is nothing stopping you from claiming this back as long as you make it clear you are paying under duress (might be handy to have a little notice that the delivery company sign)

All depends on what it says in the fine print make sure you read it all and if you were to try and claim the money back you would need to be certain that it was added after the signature.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

My delivery charge was £59 (back in April this year) but ordered in Feb and delivered late. They failed to install it and I had to do it myself.

If I was you I would film them making the delivery and get them to sign a very lengthy small print document once they have installed/delivered your new product. What is good ffor the goose as they say... If they refuse to sign it then refuse to make the payment of the delivery charge. T&C 's work both ways.

We were made aware of the delivery charge and reminded prior to delivery when we paid the balance.

By the way once they have your money you will have a real fight on your hands to get anything back. Also make sure you check the goods 100% before accepting and if you are not happy refuse delivery and put it in writing.

I would not deal with this company if they were the last retailer in the world, I would rather sit on broken glass than give them a penny.:)

When LOL delivered my suite my OH had taken all day off work and they phoned at 19:30 to say they weren't going to make it. I refused to pay the delivery charge point blank, after a bit of a battle, they agreed, so if they turn up late etc, refuse to pay. Ring the store, they'll prob refer you to a manager but they will roll over, as it'll cost them more to take it back ;)

On a side note, I think all (certainly some) of their delivery drivers etc are self employed using their own vehicles, which is why you have to pay the driver.