Jump to content

rundle & co......Unpaid caouncil tax...PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


not used this site before and hope i'm posting in the right place (apologies if i'm not)


my partner and i are being chased by Rundle & co for outstanding council tax from a previous address which is now increased to £609.24.

We spoke to the bailiff on the phone 2 weeks ago after he put a letter through the door saying he was coming with the police to seize goods, and he said he would call round to make payment arrangements (eg; weekly installments) but he never did.

Today we got a letter stating we have 24 hours to pay or it will be returned to the council with a recommendation that we are sent to prison!!


We have never refused to pay but we have disputed the amount as its been almost doubled because of bailiff charges!

we never had a letter from the council telling us we had missed any payments etc.


Any ideas on what i can do? or say to the bailiffs?


It looks like we have 24 hours to find almost £610.


My girlfriend is sick with worry, i've ensured her that there is no chance a bailiff is getting through me or our front door, or my lovely staffordshire bull terrior but at the same time I dont have that kind of money to give away in one lump sum like that! especially to a meathead jobsworth bailiff!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to send a Subject Access Request to the bailiff company immedately. This is your legal right to have a full and detailed breakdown of the fees and charge made on your account.


Have the bailiffs previously been into your home. If not, then the fees that they ca charge by law are just either a first visit fee of £24, or assuming that they have visited a seconf time then they can charge an additional amount of £18.00


If they have visited more times.....then there is no further provision for additional fees. The maximum charge is just 2 visit fees.


Tell the bailiifs that due to discrepancies on the account that you require that the matter is put on hold until such time as they have responded to your request. You need to contact the council to ask them to talk with the bailiff about holding the account. They will possibly refuse, but at least try.


Everything MUST be in writing and copied to the council and sent by registered post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont have to let the bailiffs in and they cannot force their way in either. The police cannot intervene unless a disturbance of the peace has been made as this is classed as a civil matter, as to going to prison for this debt this is highly unlikely as you have not said you wont pay this debt so the bailiff once again and this is no surprise is talking out of his rear ansd using threatening tactics to get his share.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...