Old Account

blackrain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am chasing MBNA for £360 on an account closed a couple of years ago and I am reading with interest how MBNA are crediting people's card accounts with goodwill gestures and hoping to see off any future action.

I wonder how they will deal with mine as I don't have an account to credit anything to?

Sent prelim letter yesterday after receiving statements so I will keep you posted. I also asked them not to waste their time or mine doing the initial standard letter but I expect that will be ignored!

:)

Well, I wil let everyone know. Once I've sorted out all my finances and back on track (and got some refunds) I will leave something in the sites Paypal account. This site has been invaluable.

p.s. did already get a full settlement from Marbles for ..... wait for it..... £20!

It was all they owed me on another account I closed in 2001.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been a while. Sent the prelim and LBA. Sent 3 reminder emails to Gareth and Rachel out of politeness to remind them I was about to go to Moneyclaim and then eventually phoned Gareth.

Was offered a settlement which I didn't feel happy about but after pointing out that I would be going to court and claiming interest as well the full amount was offered.

Got confirmation letter yesterday and I'm now waiting for the cheque to come through the letterbox. Thanks everyone for advice (not just in this thread but all over). There will be a donation just as soon as the cheque actually arrives! ;)

Got confirmation letter saying they will be sending out a cheque for £360 within 7 days. Must have sent it by tortoise as it is in now 10 days since that letter was dated. However now I have confirmation I guess I can relax somewhat......

....maybe not. it's now the first.....have mailed MBNA twice and to Gareth's credit he rang me back both times but no explanation where cheque is.

Any ideas what I should do guys? I could still file a claim and go for the interest and show letter to court showing a 'potential broken promise'. Then again I could be just impatient.

My big gripe is would MBNA wait 12+days for a payment that was promised within 7????

tell them you want a guarantee that the cheque will be sent out by recorded delivery tomorrow or you will issue moneyclaim after the post has been on saturday morning. As they said they will send the cheque within 7 days and not erceived i don't even see the need to confirm this in writing to them

Just got a mail from Gareth to say that they are definitely sending it today and they apologise that it wasn't sent before. Gareth has been nothing but helpful throughout this so I will stay patient until the postman has been tomorrow/Saturday!

Ah, so it's back to Amex. Sending in the bailiffs next week if they haven't coughed up by post on Saturday morning. These two are really holding up my next battles.

Cheque arrived yesterday so once it's cleared a donation will be on it's way. Thanks Surreyscouse and everyone else who I've asked advice from.

Now.....waiting to see if postman has the amex cheque and if MS have found my CCA.......tick tock

question here peeps, i had an MBNA account 5 years ago which went over the limit, a had a few charges on the account and havent paid of the debt, it went to an agency. can i still claim for those charges back.

any thoughts ?

aslo what were your contact details for this Gareth person, maybe i could email him and ask.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.