CI on Abbey (MBNA) Visa Card

mikeymay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This may be something worth requesting as Abbey made an offer of £300 for CI I calculated to be around £400 for the last 6 years.

I have accepted this as I feel that although it is only 75% of what I requested it is still pretty damn good considering I have been informed it is dodgy territory to go into. This payment was made on top of a full payment of £525 for the charges.

I have requested the same from the Halifax and was initially turned down (£284 charges + CI), but have subsequently requested just the charges for which they have made an offer of £105 which I have rejected.

So if you have an Abbey/MBNA card then CLAIM FOR CI!!!!!

I got 100% of my CI claim with both BoS and HSBC credit cards! However if you feel what you have been offered then go for it and well done :D

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Hmmmm, I wonder whether it is worth chasing this then.

I realised the other day that my original request for CI of £400 didn't use a compound interest calculation (basically £20 x rate x no of days) so worked out to be about £110 short of what it should be.

My original LBA stated the incorrect CI amount so would I be able to send another one stating the correct amount and the reason for the difference or would this be taking the p*ss?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see why you couldn't just re-issue an LBA stating that you have amended the interest.... I did with Barclaycard, I realised I had charged them 2% less than they charged me.

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?