• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Disappearing From Op Waiting List?

tooth_fairy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I'm quite frustrated.

In early May I had my first appointment with a consultant and it was decided I needed an operation, fairly swiftly, and he said I would be in by July, which I thought was great.

As August came, I hadn't heard anything and I decided to book a holiday, so I gave the hospital the dates of my hols and all was fine, they said I was booked in for a day case or inpatient case, whichever was the quickest

This week, hubby has decided to book a weekend away and my brother is going awy to get married in October, so I rang the hospital yesterday to give them the dates and they have no record of me ever being on the waiting list and as far as they were concerned, I am not and have never been on the list for my operation, which I need!

I went to see my GP at their walk in surgery yesterday who said other than re-refer me back to the consultant who put me on the list, he couldn't help me and suggested I ring the hospital again. The GP advised that the consultant has around a 16 week wait for an out patient appointment.

I did that this morning and there is no sign, still, of me ever being put down for the operation. asked if it was possible to speak to the consultant and I was told no, he was in clinic, which is fine and I asked if he could call me back, No, I was told.

I asked now, how do I get put back on the list? I was told either my GP could re-refer me (16-20 weeks according to the secretary!) or I could pay to see the consultant at the private hosptal and then he could put me back on the NHS waiting list, but it means I go to the back of the queue.

The secretary sad he only has a 6 week waiting list anyway and it wasn't much hardship but I have been in pain and have had this op hanging over me since early May and I'm still no closer to getting the problem fixed.

I'm very annoyed and frustrated as no indication was made when I rang in August that I wasn't on the list, in fact, the opposite, I was on 2 lists in August!

Have you any idea, other than paying money I don't really have spare to go private, about how to get this rectified, as I see it, someone have messed up somewhere and I am suffering for it.

The GP did suggest just giving me painkillers and antibiotics to keep the problem at bay until the operation but he isn't a particularly pro-active GP!

Thanks,

An in pain TF xx

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

There will be a record of your appointment with the consultant, and he will have (should have) written to your GP. The note to the GP will usually thank the GP for referring you, note the signs and symptoms, the details of the consultant's examination, any tests he has done or wants done, and the outcome of the consultation, including any surgery that he recommends and the fact that he is arranging for you to come in for this. Is the GP saying that although he referred you, he has no record of your being seen?

I recommend you contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service at the hospital where you saw the consultant. Their function is to deal with patients' concerns, and they can access anyone they need to within the Trust. They will be able to check the hospital notes to see what happened when you saw the consultant. This should reveal whether the problem is that the consultant didn't put you on the list, or that the clerical staff didn't action his instructions. Although you can raise your concern by email initially (not the phone - keep an audit trail), I suggest asking to meet them to discuss it further. Clearly, as you should have been on the list, the usual new patient waiting times should not apply. If the Trust doesn't put you on the list sharpish, you should raise a formal complaint.

Thanks to you both, I have rung my GP surgery and it transpires that they have not (or say they have not) received a letter following my consultation, so another call back to the hospital and apparently it was sent....

As you have both advised, have written to Patient Liasion, felt it was the most approprate channel, which went recorded delivery about 15 minutes ago, hopefully as it is only going across town it should be there tomorrow, will follow up with a phone call on Thursday.

In any case, where we are we have a max wait of 18 weeks between frst appointment and treatment and I think I have exceeded that now, so may be they will be able to chivvy things along a bit.

Will keep updating

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of trust are trying to achieve the 18 week target but failing it big time they have until Feb/Mar 2008 to show they are meeting it by at least 80% but as the winter is coming a lot of trust are trying to work out how they are going to meet the target of 18 weeks, some trusts are using very expensive pod theaters at £10,000 a week just to meet the target.

I think the trust has done a waiting list verification and have removed you for some reason now that might be because they have written to your GP asking if you still need this operation and he has not replied or they sent you a letter and it has gone missing in the post it happens all the time, the PALS department will look into your complaint and you should receive your reply in 4 to 6 weeks