• Tweets

• In a strange twist of fate he called me yesterday and agreed to refund me on the car. I am due to drop it off on Friday and hope he sticks to his word. I am still going to produce the rejection letter as a safety net in any case.   Thanks to those who have replied on this post. I will keep it updated.   Mark.
    • Hi there my husband has a Vanquis card i applied to get the ROP refunded which they shut me down on this was back in Aug 2018 on the letter they sent him telling him no they did state they would cancel the ROP with immediate effect, roll on to this week and i come across one of his statements and low an behold they are still taking it, so my question as they have still been taking it i have obviously phoned them to get it stopped and the past 2 years refunded do i use the CISheet spreadsheet to work out the interest he has been charged on these payments his statements show a 3.99% monthly which i believe is 59.93% APR can someone confirm my calculations please im a bit rusty, i also have asked them to recalculate his ROP interest refund as i heard some were wrong and i've asked them to re look at the complete refund claim as well whilst they are at it, if im reclaiming the whole lot is this again the CISheet at 59.93% as 1 £5.50 ROP charge from oct 2009 shows £876.77 interest ??   any help would be great not done this for a long time last one was bank charges lol.
    • Hi, if a terminated credit card claim has been struck out by the court, appealed and lost (ie still struck out) - is the balance therefore zero? Can a 2nd claim for the same card (terminated>6yrs ago) be presented against me for a different amount.
    • When did you pay the £20? was it before the default letter or after?  Exact date and to whom the £20 was paid is key to calculating the SB date.  It could be construed that paying £20 or any figure was an acknowledgement of the debt and could re-start the SB clock.   Important to understand the date but I concur with the other CAGers that it is probably not something to worry about.   As an aside I fought (and won) an argument with Lowells over the default date.  They were trying to assert that the Default date was later than it was but I was able to disabuse them of that idea thanks to having the original Default Letter plus also getting it confirmed by the original lender (Vanquis).  They sent me the exact same copy of the Default Notice as part of their SAR response so I say again a good idea to SAR Mint so you know where you are and you are then ready to rebuff any bullshit from the DCA.  
    • Hermes have submitted an AOS.   
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
jad

jad vs Beneficial Visa

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5103 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sent my DPA request on 8th June.

Nothing heard yet, but they did cash my £10 cheque straight away.

Update:26/6/06

I hadn't heard anything yet, so rang Beneficial. The first thing I noticed was that their telephone system thanks you for calling Marbles, I double checked the number, and it's the one they quote on my card - which is another Visa card operated by them but not Marbles!

They found my details, and the operator said that they were not aware of any request under the data protection act, but had credited a £10 cheque payment to my account on the 13/6/06.

As the two were stapled together and sent to their main address (not a payments address) that is just bizarre (or perhaps normal).

Should I wait til the 40 days are up, or write to remind them ??

I've now received my latest statement, which confirms the £10 credit to the account. Also, nothing received from the DPA request.

I am going to write to them reminding them of my DPA request, and that they have 40 days to respond.

Eventually received the information today. It arrived in a badly damaged envelope, but nothing seems to be missing.

It's interesting to note that on the covering letter they explain that they've provided the information free of charge, and for my convenience credited the £10 to my account.

They took the careful step of only quoting a partial card number on the letter, yet every page of information has my full details and address on it !!!

Anyway, I shall be adding the charges up and get off my request.

Request for refund sent on 8/7/06 by recorded, but unlike all other correspondance this one has not been signed for as of today.

I know that sometimes the post office don't update their records - but having asked at the post office I sent the item from, they cannot trace the letter.

Should I send another copy ? That would probably reset my timetable though....

Should I send another copy ?

Just checked again, and it has been delivered OK on 10/7/06.

So, the clock is ticking. LBA to be sent on 24 July.

From 2002, to late 2005, I have been paying a PPI premium each month on my Beneficial Visa card.

I needed to make a claim last year, and this was rejected by the insurers because I was not in "full time employment". I am a director of a small company, in which I have a controlling share.

I took advice at the time, and it appears that the PPI I was sold doesn't cover self-employed, or those "with the power to decide their own income."

So, do you reckon I have a justified reason for asking for a refund of the premiums paid...It amounts to MORE than I paid in penalty charges in the same period !!

At least they stopped taking the premiums in Jan this year, following my complaint the insurance wasn't suitable.

Any ideas ?

Received letter from them yesterday (dated 18 Jul), signed from Clare Plummer, Senior Customer Service Advisor

It is the usual stuff, saying they believe the charges are fair and reasonable, and that they do not agree with the OFT findings.

They claim they have now reduced their default charges, and are unable to do anything about charges already applied.

The 14 days were up on Monday anyway, so the LBA will be sent as per my timetable.

Update:

Sent LBA on 24 July, got response today, offering a settlement of £500 against claim of £925.

"terms and conditions" , "late payments" - I agreed to the charges etc etc....

So, should I write back accepting the payment as a "part payment" of the full amount, and give them until the 14 days after LBA are up ?

Or file the claim now ?

Thanks

OK, I wrote back reminding them of my timetable, and accepting the £500 as part payment of the amount due.

No response heard today, so I will be filing my claim shortly.

Jad

If you see my 2 threads... exactly the same process as you've taken.. got my offer of full settlement on both Beneficial cards this morning - day before I was due to file claim :)

Action So Far:

HFC - £482.69 - Jaguar Card - Settled in Full :)

HFC - £698.51 - IOD Card - Settled in Full :)

Goldfish £539 - offered full settlement - awaiting refund/cheque.

MBNA (2 Cards) - Goodwill Cheques £1460 accepted - £870 compound interest as well :)

Capital One -£1,115.03 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Offer £366 rejected MCOL 5/10/06

Citi Cards - £845.38 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Cheque £273 accepted as part payment

Morgan Stanley - £461.51 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Cheque £160 accepted as part payment

Tesco - £291.20 - LBA 6/9/06

Marbles - £635.31 - Prelim 13/9/06

Egg - £663.08 - Prelim 13/9/06

Nat West Bank - £9,264.24 - Prelim 13/9/06

Barclacard - Awaiting Statements

Amex - Awaiting Statements

Airmiles - Awaiting Statements

Nat West Card - Awaiting Statements

Received full settlement offer by letter on 8th, sent a reply and spoke to them yesterday.

I owe a bit more on the card, than the settlement offer was for, and they wouldn't send me a cheque, but did agree to cancel the account and clear all the outstanding money instead.

So, one less debt to worry about, but no cash-in-hand. Can't have it both ways I suppose.

Thanks to all who have helped.

I owe a bit more on the card, than the settlement offer was for, and they wouldn't send me a cheque, but did agree to cancel the account and clear all the outstanding money instead.

I just received my next statement.

They credited the full amount owing, and the balance is NIL, except that

their system then added a Late Payment fee (now £12) because no

payments were received. The credits were shown as Refunds not payments.

Doh....

I have written to them asking them to sort this out, and confirm the account is closed, so I can close the matter with them...

I await their response.