Panasonic vacuum cleaner breakdown advice

silasfeather

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new to this site, so apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'm just looking for some general advice - we bought a Panasonic MC-E4051 vacuum cleaner from Amazon less than 6 months ago which has now broken down through no misuse on our part. We are unable to find the manaufacturer's guarantee that we no doubt received with the goods, and hence aren't sure of our consumer rights in this circumstance - do we have a claim against Amazon or Panasonic? Does the absence of the printed guarantee mean we waive any consumer rights we might have had? Does proof of purchase give us any protection? I've emailed Amazon to ask for clarification from them, but don't expect them to simply offer to replace the item at no cost to ourselves, what should we expect?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi silasfeather

Yep. You're in the right forum... Welcome, by the way!

Firstly, your manufacturer's 12 month warranty is in ADDITION to your statuatory consumer rights (Sale of Goods Act), so don't worry a kipper about not having registered your product with them... Don't even bother looking for it. Your "contract" is with the retailer (Amazon) and it is up to them to refund, replace or repair your vacuum cleaner. And as you have proof of purchase there will be no problem.

As your vacuum is over six months old, a full refund is very unlikely (although not impossible) and you should, at the very least, expect a replacement or a repair.

Cheers

LEFTY

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

less than 6 months ago

Just to note you are not automatically entitled to a refund within 6 months its within a reasonable time from purchase.

Anyways you are entitled to a FREE repair or replacement as long as its not accidental damage/misuse. As its within 6 months it would be upto amazon to prove its not a manufacturing fault.

Read these to get some background info on your rights:

Sale of Goods Act Quick Facts - BERR

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.