Transport police

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This was the actual charge.

"You did molest or wilfully interfere with the comfort or convenience of any person on the railway by putting your feet on the seats while on a rail journey to Chester."

It's only merseyrail who have brought any action of this type and so far they have made some 300 prosecutions. I read one student did not even have anything on her feet, her flip flops were on the carriage floor.

What is the difference of having ones unprotected feet on a seat to having ones bum on a seat, considering the amount of late night drinkers who travel by train I should imagine that the bums could be worse. :)

The state of some of the toilets on the Liverpool to London trains is in my opinion interfering with the comfort of passengers by British rail themselves no one has ever brought chargers against them.

I really am saddened that my son and so many others have had to go through this whole stupid procedure of being prosecuted without first trying a simple polite request which would have been sufficient.

To be fair to the majority of police officers it was the transport police and only the one's on mersey rail but!! for the legal system which allows this to happen as you rightly say does not inspire any respect whats so ever.

I am so glad it's all over, hm or is it??

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it seems that you can obstruct your own gates! (the car is to large to fit into the victorian wide ally way laughingly described as off street parking in the property details) and there is a single yello line ac cross the gateway, and a notice saying that you cannot park on the yellow lines between 9-5 mon-sat..

Like you said PT2537 she should appeal against the ticket for parking on a piece of missing yellow line...anyone on this site would - but some people are too damned "nice". She paid up the same day over the phone, but I will direct her to this site and to your comments and hopefully she will defend herself. I have looked at where she was parked and we can put a awhole car in that place and none of it is on yellow lines! I shall ask her to come back and have a photo of her car in the spot to proove it - somehow I bet she doesn't...

Sorry Pen - for the hyjack!:p

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

If the markings are not clear, then without going into tooo much detail here, the case of Davis and Heatley in the high court ruled that the markings must be clear, if they are not then there should not be a penalty charge

further more if you can produce proof that the lines do not comply with the TSRGD 2002 you may be able to push the council to reimburse you under the ruling in the case of Woolwich equitable building society -V - inland revenue as this case sets out where a fine is paid where there is no basis in law to enforce it then you are entitled to restitution

Paul, I think this was in a private sainsburys car park.

edit: oh, no, re-read the post. You're right, of course.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

My thoughts are with the poor unfortunate passenger who would have to sit on a seat that had had someone else's feet on it.

God knows what a person has trodden on beforehand?!...:mad:

Zero tolerance is what is needed with the youth of today!

A total disrespect + lack of concern for other people is endemic in modern society.

I believe that the fault firmly lies on the shoulders of the parents.

It is all too easy to blame teachers or the government.

In a case like this, it is simply BAD MANNERS.

The person involved deserves having the full weight of the law thrown against him, to serve as an deterrent to others...:mad:

If not, what would it be the NEXT time??

Grafitti??...Vandalism??...Fare Dodging??...or EVEN WORSE??

Perhaps the shock of a conviction would nip his anti-social activity in the bud, before it escalates further?!

It could actually be beneficial to him in the long term!!...;):)

LOL

MTM as bookworm would say behave

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Shame the train was not adapted to his use.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

yeah, I would bring a civil claim against them for failing to uphold the Disability Discrimination Act... LOL.

£300 should do it;)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

i want joking thats what i would do

Although I hate to say it MTM was right in one respect, my son would run a mile rather then go to court again :)

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

• 2 months later...

There is a sign at my local train station, ormskirk, that says merseytravel will no longer give warnings of enforcement, and will take action straghtaway. Putting feet on seats comes under some byelaw, credit to them the trains on that line are a lot quieter now.

• 1 year later...

Appologies for reviving such an old thread here.

I have reported people for feet on seats before, but I usually give at least one verbal warning on my initial train patrol, and I think that's fair. The only reason I go straight for a report is if the person in question has visibly dirty footwear, to the extent that it's just a blatent disregard for the state they'll leave the seats in, or if the person fails the 'attitude test' and feels they have the right to put their feet up. I don't mind if they have newspaper on the seat, but I still find it anti-social to be honest.

Sorry, I cant believe the OP is talking about a real incident. A BTP officer reporting someone for an offence?...nah...wouldnt happen.

Realistically, I don't actually think it was a BTP Officer involved....sounds more like those Merseyrail guys...what with the headcam on...:grin:

• 4 weeks later...