BankFodder BankFodder

Leo1

Leo1 vs Smile

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3287 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Unfortunately not, although covered in part by CCA the section refered to in a CCA Request is not covered.

Have you sent the prove it letter, to see if they actually have the right to be chasing you and demanding money? This may be the next step.

I'm a bit confused? I don't understand how an overdraft wouldn't be classed as a credit agreement?

Did you sign a Credit Agreement for the overdraft, as they are not normally granted under that Act.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Moorcroft recently sent me a letter offering me full & final settlement offer of 70% of a debt, which I paid upon the understanding the debt would be satisfied, however upon receiving the receipt for the amount I paid there is still a balance showing on the receipt!!!

What can I do about this? The person I spoke to at the time of paying confirmed that the debt would be settled and cleared from their system.

Did you get anything in writing to say it was full and final and they would mark your account as satisfied?

oppss

usual trick

how did you pay this?

if by bank transfer or creditcard

i'd get it reveresed

sounds like you've been fleeced here.

give us the history please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

typical of these lowlife, they will probably now sell the remainder onto another piece of pond trash

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

You’ve now learned how a dca operates (deceitful, manipulative liars) but I wouldn’t say all is lost as you do at least have the F+F offer in writing from the dca and your payment matches that figure. Always best to have every angle covered when making F+F and prefably send payment by 3rd party cheque written on the back that encashment is in F+F settlement of all outstanding sums.

DO NOT PHONE THEM - EVERYTHING IN WRITING FFS!!

Write to them and inform them that this account is now settled according to the agreemnent they outlined in their letter. Report them to OFT - What a bunch of lowlifes!!

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

The balance may technically remain, but your credit file MUST now be marked as settled and the balance set to zero. Anything else is out of order. You also need to get a letter stating that the account balance will not be sold on.

This is what you need to establish before complaining.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Also... did you make clear the payment was an F&F?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Correct - I have made FandFs in the past and they are marked as 'settled' you need to get everything in writing and ensure that your credit file is updated.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

you need to insist all neg data is removed too

else it shows in the history of the debt in advanced searches like for a mortgage. settled is no good at all if defaults are still showing / marked

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.