ROXBURGHE & NHS parking permit?!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i hope somebody can help!

I work for the NHS as an ambulance driver at my local hospital, i pay £53 per year for a parking permit. When i turned up at 9.45am for a 10am start i could not find a parking space anywhere, not even in the visitors car park, by this time i was running 10 minutes late for my shift so i reluctantly parked on double yellow lines at the bottom of our over flow staff car park with the intentions of going back later on in the day to move it, the car wasnt obstructing or blocking any other road user. Of course when i eventually got the time to go and move it i'd got a CPN. Because my husband is the registered keeper of our car he has now been issued with a fine demanding £60 even though my parking permit is clearly visable in the windscreen! He phoned ROXBURGHE DCA and told them that HE wasnt driving the car that day and to provide photographic evidence, they said they didn't have a photo and they didnt need to prove who the driver was and that the R.K was responsible and if he wanted a photo he'd have to pay £10 for it!! ( they didnt have a photo??:rolleyes: ), when he challenged them more she got shirty and threatened to crush the car if he didnt cough up! Today we got a NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION from their so called solicitor giving him 7 days to pay or it will go to court!

Is it enforceable? I want to fight this all the way if possible! :x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, can you post the text of the ticket. I know it is a pain but if you can scan and attach it or type it out in full then it will help.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thank you.

In the absence of the NHS Trust being able to make and pass any bylaws, I think that this is totally unenforceable. It even refers to a "penalty". In my view it is clearly designed to make the recipient think that it is akin to a "normal" parking ticket.

My advice would be to write to them as follows:

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. You have written to me as the registered keeper. If you have a claim it is against the driver, please take this matter up with the driver.

Yours faithfully

I suspect that they will ignore this in which case write as follows:

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. I have asked you to take this matter up with the driver. If you are suggesting to me that I was the driver, please provide me with your evidence. If you don't do this, I will not be able to reply to any more letters from you.

Yours faithfully

Short and to the point is key.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

its unenforceable. You will get a number of letters and various threats of debt collection, county cour and bailiffs but you should not pay this "invoice".

When you get a reply they will say your "appeal has been rejected". Post the letter and we will advise on a response.

By the way some people would not even bother writing to them.

Thankyou, hubby will write to them and we'll see what happens.

I might just add that the attendent isnt even in uniform and ive never seen him with a camera, so i should think them finding evidence would be very slim! I just find it wrong that i'm paying in advance for a permit to park at my place of work and i'm not guranteed a parking space then they have the cheek to send my hubby the fine!

Are DVLA in the wrong by giving out the details to a private parking company, would that be in breach of the Data protection act?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just find it wrong that i'm paying in advance for a permit to park at my place of work and i'm not guranteed a parking space

I rather suspect that what you are doing is paying to park in staff spaces when one is available.

then they have the cheek to send my hubby the fine!

Because his is the only name DVLA have associated with the car. Useful for you and him because he can truthfully say he was not the driver.

Are DVLA in the wrong by giving out the details to a private parking company, would that be in breach of the Data protection act?

Sadly not, necessarily!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi got this letter in the post today, should i now send a letter asking for their proof that i was the driver.

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. You have written to me as the registered keeper. If you have a claim it is against the driver, please take this matter up with the driver.

Yours faithfully

or should i carry on ignoring them?

one thing i have noticed Roxburghe's name seems to have been dropped and East Kent NHS Trust are noe the named client, does this make any difference as to where i stand :confused:

thanks for anymore help.

NHSPARKINGSOLICITORS11024x768.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Graham White (or rather Michael Sobell) is the 'in house solicitor' for Roxburghe, although I have read elsewhere that this company is not actually registered with the Law Society.

I would suggest something along the lines of:-

Dear Sir,

As you will already be aware, I have disputed this matter with your client, and do not acknowledge any debt to either yourself or any associated company. In the absence of an adequate response as to why they believe that I owe them the amount stated, I will not enter into any further correspondence with yourselves on this matter.

It has already been pointed out to Roxburghe (UK) Limited that their demand for money has been incorrectly sent to myself as the registered keeper of a motor vehicle, rather than to the person driving at the time that any alleged contravention occurred. In the absence of evidence to suggest that I have made any agreement to pay the money stated to be due to either your client or yourself, please note that no further reply to demands for money will be forthcoming.

Yours faithfully,

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Take care with their 'Take notices'

Watch it with Roxburghe, Graham White and another. Looks like they haven't changed their spots.

I had an issue with them as debt collectors, several years ago. At one stage they were one solicitor, then 3 mths later another approached taking over, then a further 3 months I got a court letter raising the original of about £250 to £600.

I corresponded with the court, and showed that it was ONE solicitor masquerading under three names and addresses. I called for particulars that were absent, and prepared to prove the three fatal errors they made on their paperwork, that they were all the same party. They lost the lot!

Beware all is not what it SEEMS. Including the other 'purporting' paperwork.

Just a comment.

The old link from which I recovered my equilibrium is here on the games they play to get their way.

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/page8.html

• 2 months later...

Hi, i sent the above letter to them back in october and havent heard a dicky bird from them....yet, do you think they will still persue or do you think they have run scared?!

oh, and in the meantime i got another ticket which i didnt even open and stuck it on the parking attendents door! i havent heard anything for that and that was back in november!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt they may be scared. I suggest watch out and keep all their paperwork and look for vexation, and pursuit under different names. I trust you saw my thread. At,

http://logiclaw.co.uk/WVTelewest.html

and

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/page8.html

if they try to come through the back door from Bulk claims at Northampton centre, examine their particulars very closely. If its private parking the PCN may not be valid. Check out this page on private companies.

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/PJ.html

I could then give you the original case details, and they could go to the judge to prove the kind of people they are.