• Tweets

• Tangliss, if you can't upload the letter, could you tell us what the heading is please? My understanding is it should say 'Letter before claim' or similar. HB
    • Do you think I should send the CCA request now then instead of waiting? I really can do without the stress. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for responding.
    • How was the "receiver" appointed and what is their role? Appointed by the lender under the terms of their security on the loan (sometimes referred to as "LPA Receiver")? Or are they acting for you in insolveny? What's the current role of the agent?
    • Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

help with welcome finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have lots of questions in regwrads to welcome finance and there dodgy dealings!!

Just a bit of background i took out a loan with WF in march 2006 for approx £20.000, for the past few months i have had great difficulty keeping up with repayments and thay have really been on my case, letters, telephone calls coming to my house they were even ringiong me at work! anyway i stumbled accross this site and really want to take on WF and get back a missold single payment ppi, and charges listed as "fees".

first of all i requested my statements and shock horror on the same day i took the laon out it reads "insurance premiunms advanced" for the amt of £3,470.80!!!, so i want to reclaim this whopping ppi premium with interest so that it will reduce the loan and therefore my repayments.

i know it was missold as i am a contractual worker and have a adequte cover for up to a year if i am off sick, they also told me that i had to take out the ppi so i could get the loan. I would like to ask that the APR rate is 17.9% but i really dont know how to calculate how much interest they owe me, really very slow at maths just dont really do figures!!!

Secondly on my statements i have alot of debits ad "fees" what i would like to know are thers reclaimable as it is cuming to about £400. After reading thru some posts i understand taht you can only claim "penalty charegs" not the fees tahy add for a telephone call or letter- i also would not know how to calculate interst on these charges.

i bet i have put every 1 to sleep but i have tried to work it out by myself and failed miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would really appreciate a reply

hi i have lots of questions in regwrads to welcome finance and there dodgy dealings!!

Just a bit of background i took out a loan with WF in march 2006 for approx £20.000, for the past few months i have had great difficulty keeping up with repayments and thay have really been on my case, letters, telephone calls coming to my house they were even ringiong me at work! anyway i stumbled accross this site and really want to take on WF and get back a missold single payment ppi, and charges listed as "fees".

first of all i requested my statements and shock horror on the same day i took the laon out it reads "insurance premiunms advanced" for the amt of £3,470.80!!!, so i want to reclaim this whopping ppi premium with interest so that it will reduce the loan and therefore my repayments. Please inform us of the breakdown of this loan. The loan amount, interest applied, ppi cost, interest applied to ppi, total cost of credit. Interest rate and over how many months/years.

i know it was missold as i am a contractual worker and have a adequte cover for up to a year if i am off sick, they also told me that i had to take out the ppi so i could get the loan. I would like to ask that the APR rate is 17.9% but i really dont know how to calculate how much interest they owe me, really very slow at maths just dont really do figures!!! we can work this out when you post the figures

Secondly on my statements i have alot of debits ad "fees" what i would like to know are thers reclaimable as it is cuming to about £400. After reading thru some posts i understand taht you can only claim "penalty charegs" not the fees tahy add for a telephone call or letter-I do believe you can, its does not cost £15 to sent a letter or telephone some-one i also would not know how to calculate interst on these charges. Need a list of the charges, reason for charge and the interest rate of the loan. This can be put on a spreadsheet to work out the contractual interest from the date they were taken to the date you claim them back.

i bet i have put every 1 to sleep but i have tried to work it out by myself and failed miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would really appreciate a reply

Please reply to these questions and we will try to help.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

loan amt= 20,442.33

Insurance : Lifecare £180

PPI £3296.59

Total = £3476.59

Total cost of credit= £40543.15 (which consisits of £235 acceptance fee & £40,308.15 Int chg)

Term = 180 months, 15 yrs

now in terms of the int applied i am slighty confused :? as on my greement there are 2 rates 1) APR (variable) 17.70%

2) Rate of int per annum 17.5%

the 1st rate of 17.70 is is displayed just under the monthly payment and the no of monthly payments(180m)

the 2nd rate is displayed just under the acceptance fee & the interest charged. i think its 17.7

moving on:-

i have all my statements frm WF & the chgs r under 'transaction type' as FEES made up of £20 & £5.00 chgs the int rate is 17.7%

hope this answs evrything:p

loan amt= 20,442.33

Insurance : Lifecare £180

PPI £3296.59

Total = £3476.59

Total cost of credit= £40543.15 (which consisits of £235 acceptance fee & £40,308.15 Int chg) is this correct or was it £4,308.14 interest charged

Term = 180 months, 15 yrs

now in terms of the int applied i am slighty confused :? as on my greement there are 2 rates 1) APR (variable) 17.70%

2) Rate of int per annum 17.5%

the 1st rate of 17.70 is is displayed just under the monthly payment and the no of monthly payments(180m)

the 2nd rate is displayed just under the acceptance fee & the interest charged. i think its 17.7

moving on:-

i have all my statements frm WF & the chgs r under 'transaction type' as FEES made up of £20 & £5.00 chgs the int rate is 17.7%

hope this answs evrything:p

You are saying that the loan amount they gave to was £20,442.38 and the total charge for credit was £40,543.15. Is this correct.

If so they charged you £20,100.82, for ppi, interest and acceptance fee

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Sofia, can you post a copy of your agreement here?

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

ok then have i confused everybody?;

so 1st there is a section which reads:

KEY FINANCIAL INFORMATION

TOTAL AMT OF CREDIT (B+C) £23918.92 A Amt of monthly pymet 358.12

Amt of cr 4 cash adv £20442.33 B No of monthly pymts 180

Amt of credit 4 ins £3476.59 C the 1st to be paid 1 mnth after the date of this agreement then on the same date evry mnth after that (2payment date) APR variable 17.70%

OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION

Insurances lifecare 24 cash price £180

PPI £3296.59

Total cash price £3476.59

Total charge 4 cr

consisting of (M+N+O) £40534.15 = L

acceptance fee £235=M

Mortgage indemity fee £0 = N

Interest chg £40,308.15 = O

i think thios is evrything it then goes on to talk bout KEY INFORMATION about payung the loan off early, and the reates they charge for a returned DD etc...

i hope this helps:p

Darling, what i meant was can you scan your agreement and post it here?

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

ok then have i confused everybody?;

so 1st there is a section which reads:

KEY FINANCIAL INFORMATION

Amt of credit 4 ins £3476.59 C the 1st to be paid 1 mnth after the date of this agreement then on the same date evry mnth after that (2payment date) APR variable 17.70%

PPI £3296.59

Total charge 4 cr

acceptance fee £235=M

i think thios is evrything it then goes on to talk bout KEY INFORMATION about payung the loan off early, and the reates they charge for a returned DD etc...

hello,

I am just looking at you figures.

The first thing that springs to mind is that the total payable £358.12 X 180months is £64,461.16. Is this correct.

the interest charged was £40,208.15. This would include interest on the cash advancement and the ppi. I do not have the time now, but will have a look at the interest and try to break it down to work out how much interest was applied to the ppi.

yes that is correct clearly says monthly pymnt £358.12 & no of mnths 180.

also the interest charged is £40,308.15

so does this mean that they loan amt was £23,918.92 and then charged me interest @ 17.7%/17.5% 4 the amount of £16,389.23

hi hellhasnofury can i just ask a question?/

when i initially started to look into this what i did is wrote to WF i asked them for "my original file" at the point of sale i asked for details of the initial sale, the terms and conditions at the time of purchase and any subsequent changes.

i did say that they are obliged to give me these details under the DPA.

BUT; reading a few threads should i have forwarded a SAR, FEEL SLIGHTLY UNSURE

also when they fwd this info they sent me 1) WF loan app 2)fixed-sum loan agreement,30 a legal charge form

should i submit a SAR or do i have enuf doc's 2 start a mis-selling complaint?

feeling v. unsure:(

hi hellhasnofury can i just ask a question?/

when i initially started to look into this what i did is wrote to WF i asked them for "my original file" at the point of sale i asked for details of the initial sale, the terms and conditions at the time of purchase and any subsequent changes.

i did say that they are obliged to give me these details under the Data Protection Act.

BUT; reading a few threads should i have forwarded a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), FEEL SLIGHTLY UNSURE

also when they fwd this info they sent me 1) WF loan app 2)fixed-sum loan agreement,30 a legal charge form

should i submit a SAR or do i have enuf doc's 2 start a mis-selling complaint?

feeling v. unsure:(

Hello Sofiya,

Stop worrying now:lol: we will get them.

It looks like you have all off the information that is needed, we just have to work out the interest they applied to the ppi, and I can asure you they will not want to give you that willingly.

Right they sent you the credit agreement that you signed for the loan

Will have a look at the figures later:D

yes that is correct clearly says monthly pymnt £358.12 & no of mnths 180.

also the interest charged is £40,308.15

so does this mean that they loan amt was £23,918.92 and then charged me interest @ 17.7%/17.5% 4 the amount of £16,389.23

Hello Sofiya,

With the info and figures that you have put up. KEY FINANCIAL INFORMATION

PPI £3296.59

Total charge 4 cr

acceptance fee £235=M

The loan amount as in the cash that they gave to you was £20,442.33 and the ppi and lifecare was £3,296.59 total was £23,918.92

The amount that is payable by you every month is £358.12 times 180 months equals the total you will repay them is £23,918.92

So £64,461.60 is the total charge for credit, that is the amount you are going to pay them back for borrowing £23,918.92. This is the amount they gave you and the cost of the ppi and lifecare.

So the total over and above this amount that they charged you in interest was £40,308.15 plus £23,918.92 equals £64,461.60

hi hellhasnofury;

i have read through & think that i understand the figures, but how do i actually calculate what amt in interest i have paid on the ppi & lifecare??

i have absolutely no idea on how to calculate this now, also feel quite stupid as i may be asking a really easy question but i am non the wiser:x

hi hellhasnofury;

i have read through & think that i understand the figures, but how do i actually calculate what amt in interest i have paid on the ppi & lifecare?? Well, looking at these figures, neither can I.

i have absolutely no idea on how to calculate this now, also feel quite stupid as i may be asking a really easy question but i am non the wiser:x

Maybe write to them and ask specifically for a breakdown of the interest they applied to the loan. Me thinks they will be reluctant to do this. I have a sneaky suspicion that they have calculated the ppi on a monthly basis and multipied it by the no of months.

Please don't feel stupid, they do it in a way that you are not mean't to understand and do not question.

Where you aware that they were making over £40,000 in profit from you. No you probably were desperate for the money and they quoted a figure that you felt you could afford each month and you signed it.

hiya;

i would just like to say thank you for giving it a bash!!

what i am going to do now is take ur advise.

ok so now i have a plan8-)

1) i will write to them and ask them what the amount of interest i have paid 4 the ppi over the past 2 years

2) should i give them 14 days to release this info or shud it be the 40days?? i think 14 will do

3) the i will senf them a LBA(is that right letter b4 action???) & give them another 14 days and if not ui will say i will issue a smalls claim court "ordering them to release the requested info" like when a bank fails to fwd ur DSAr req ( i've read on a thread smewhere that u can threaten & then take them 2 court if they dont release ur personal info??)

does this sound like a plan of action or what??? (feeling brave now):p

hiya;

i would just like to say thank you for giving it a bash!!

what i am going to do now is take ur advise.

ok so now i have a plan8-)

1) i will write to them and ask them what the amount of interest i have paid 4 the ppi over the past 2 years

2) should i give them 14 days to release this info or shud it be the 40days?? i think 14 will do

3) the i will senf them a LBA(is that right letter b4 action???) & give them another 14 days and if not ui will say i will issue a smalls claim court "ordering them to release the requested info" like when a bank fails to fwd ur DSAr req ( i've read on a thread smewhere that u can threaten & then take them 2 court if they dont release ur personal info??)

does this sound like a plan of action or what??? (feeling brave now):p

Hell Sofiya,

That does now sound like a postive plan of action.

Apart from (sorry if I sound rude, do not intend to)

You write and ask them for the total amount of interest, with a breakdown for the whole god damn loan, not just for the last two years.

Did you send them a Subject Access Request????

If you have not, then you must do so asap

Let me know because I will help you with the letter

If you have and they have not sent you this info and the 40days have past, they have breached the law and have failed to disclose this information to you.

Let take time and get this right. We are not in a race,

Post up what you have done, so we know what you need to do.

hiya hellhasnofury:

anyway in terms of what i have done with WF, i requested a copy of my statements about a month or so ago , when i took a closer look at the staements i noticed that the loan at the beginning was approx 22K but the catual loan was approx £25 i noticed in under the description coulum "insurance premium advanced" 4 the amt of £3,705.80, anyway i started looking in2 misselling of ppi's and felt that as i was told that i needed to take out the ppi 4 the loan i was mis sold also i am a contractual worker so i am fully covered, so i sent them a letter;

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to inform you that i am formally complaining about the sale of payment protection sold by your comapny.

As this ppi was mis-sold i have suffered a financial loss as i was told to take out the ppi in order to receive the loan amount of £20,442.33. At the point of sale i was (and still am) a contractual worker therefore i have adequate cover with my employer. I am now looking to recover the single payment premium of £3,476.59 along with the interest at the rate of 17.9%.

I am now informally instructing you to cancel the Life Care 24 and the payment protection immediantly.

In order for me to pursue this mis-selling complaint i will require the original file yur organization holds in respect of the above mentioned account. Please ensure you include details of the initial sale, Terms and Conditions at the time of teh purchase and any subsequent changes. Failure to provide thsi information within 40 days under the Data Protection Act 1998 will result in me reporting you to the Information Commisioner for review.

I must remind you of your obligation under the terms and conditions you entered into when the account opened. It is an implied term of the contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

FSA guidelines clearly state although selling of a policy does not breach guidelines: a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy a insurance policy.

Failure to uphold this complaint and deal in a fair and reasonable manner will result in me esculating the matter to the Finance and Leasing Association and to the Financial Ombudsman Service for review. If you fail to repay the full premuim plus interest i will issue a claim under teh smalls claim court, however i do hope this will not be necessary.

I look forward to receiving the information by 26th of October 2007.

Yours Sincerly

this was sent on 10/09 rec 11/09 RESP:

With reference to your letter dated 10/09 please find enclosed the following documents for your legally binding Secured Laon Credit Agreement.

Application from

Legal Agreement

Demands ANd needs insurance statement

Finance quote (office copy)

Customers wage slip

Completion letter

As you will see from the enclosed documentation, WFS have fully adhered to the guidelines set out by the FSA in the ay that we have fully documneted, (and provided customer with documents,) on several occasions explaining that the insurance are optional and that if you were not happy with any part of the deal you were advised to contact our office immediantly to discuss the matter further (LIE)

May i point out that you signed for the optional insurance on 3 sepearte occasions when you took out the loan, and received a completion letter shortly after the deal was paid out again explaining the insurance which you purchased along with the loan itself, at this point you would have alos received leaflets expalining the benefits, clauses and cancellation processes for all of teh purchased insurances.

I am prepared to cancel the PPI with immediate effecr, however you will only receive a part rebate as you have benefitted from the insurance for 18 months, this will be deducted from your balance, butwill not reduce the full contractual monthly payments. A full cancellation can only take place within the first 30 days of the agreement.

With regards to teh Lifecare24 policy, this is non refundable insurance policy. The leaflet which you received shortly after the loan was completed would have stated taht if you were not happy with this policy then you should cancel the policy within 30 days for a full refund.

I hope this satusfies your requirement and would request taht you write back to me confirming that the matter of "mis-selling" has now been closed.

Yours Sincerly

Branch Manager

now the problem is i really cannot remeber then forwarding any leaflets in terms of the policy, i do not even hold any policy documents.

so this is how far i have cum 2 with WF they r waiting 4 me 2 respond & he even called me 2 confirm that i would be dropping the compalint, then on Friday i got a call asking me if i would like to re-finace this loan with another on WF loans but with a lowerint rate!!! culdnt beleive my ears.

also i have not forwarded a SAR

On another subject in terms of these "fees" that they have been charging me am i right in thinking i can recalim these like bank charges, so would i list these charges and send a preliminary letter asking for a reund, if no reply send them a LBA and then if no reply issue court proceedin

i anticipate your reply!:)

Hi Sofya,

'funow the problem is i really cannot remeber then forwarding any leaflets in terms of the policy, i do not even hold any policy documentsnny this bit:

strange, that is, I had similar problems with Blemain finance, and I did'nt even know I had PPI until the loan was redeemed earlier this year. I'm still battling with them and I too am going for all their astronomical charges for a couple of late payments and telephone calls (which I know I never received at leats 1/2 of them.

so this is how far i have cum 2 with WF they r waiting 4 me 2 respond & he even called me 2 confirm that i would be dropping the compalint, then on Friday i got a call asking me if i would like to re-finace this loan with another on WF loans but with a lowerint rate!!! culdnt beleive my ears.

You should have gone for it but 1st you should say, I will go for it on the provisor you refund me totally all the PPI cost + interest and WF repay you all the charges (Sorry FEE'S;) ) they have taken/added to your loan and only when they have cleared your account will you reloan at a lower interest rate with them (under similar false pretences that they have with you regarding the PPI etc. then either reloan or say Nah thanks but thanks for the money!!!:D the choice is yours!

good luck and keep us informed.

reagrds

chris

that does reassure me some what chris, i will go ahead & proceed to get back these charges "fees"

hellhasnofury:

i am waiting for your response in terms of the draft letter for the SAR for the breakdown of the loan, interest etc...

will you get back to me as soon as you can pls:p