Metroploitan and First Direct

orky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a loan and credit card with FD which I have been paying a reduced amount to for the last 14 months. All payments are made electronically from my bank to FD however the last payment did not go through as my FD accounts had been closed according to my bank. I have attemped to pay manually by sending a cheque to FD but they have wrtiiten to confirming the accounts have been transferred to Metropolitan and the money must be sent to them and stating all further payments should be sent to them and not FD. FD have not advised the debts have been sold.

Two months ago I recieved a letter from Metropoloitan chasing the FD outsanding balances. I CCA them but have had no reply.

My veiw is not to pay anything to metro. as this could indicate my acceptance of money owing to them. In addition I feel I should persist in sending cheques to FD with the clear instruction they are not to be sent on to Metro. and only be chased by them .

Any views please

according to FD forwarded onto Metropolitan

If you got this in writing you are OK.

If not if it came to the crunch they may deny the request.

It will do no harm to send another one recorded.

Remember not to sign the letter do a digital signature

HAK