Definintion of being self employed within PPI Terms & Conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. First off a big thank you to all at CAG for helping me reclaim around £2600 in bank charges back from Lloyds TSB:) . Now on to my next crusade, hopefully.

I'm self employed and have possibly been miss-sold PPI on a number of loans and credit cards. So far I've discovered around £900 in PPI on a Lloyds TSB mastercard and around £2400 on an HFC Direct personal loan. Still have some digging to do on a Black Horse Loan.

Now I've also uncovered a policy on a PC I bought in June 2001 that cost me around £100 in PPI. Not much I know but it was the only personal loan agreement that I kept along with the T & C. Now according to the T & C (2001) they do include people who are self employed but their definition of self employment is someone who works at least 16 hours or more a week. Now as an entertainer, the most I could work is 9 hours (typical contract is 2 x 45 minute spots on any given night), so my question is this. Firstly do T & C's vary in wording depending on the type of loan? (My personal loan was from HFC Direct and my PC purchase from HFC Bank) and secondly does their definition of self employment apply to my situation? Please help!!!! :|

PPI insurance does not normally consider self employed unless it is written into the agreement,you will find self employment is normally considered as an exclusion ,so in my opinion if you find any agreements with exclusion to being self employed then ask for this money to be repaid ,i am presuming you let whoever you had dealings with in contracts etc you did specify you were self employed...

Indeed I did. But I do remember one occasion when an advisor helping me with a loan application, conveniently, for my benefit of course, interpreted my sub contracted work as being in full time employment. I never questioned it because I thought she was doing me a favour. I was young and stupid :|.

• 7 months later...

Hello redCEL,

firstly your quote

and around £2400 on an HFC Direct personal loan.

If you check the announcements at the top of the thread you will see alanfromderby has set up a link for people missold by HFC as a group class action this would save you the time and effort of going for it on your own. It may be worth an email to check it out and could save you a lot of time.

HFC have been fined heavily for misselling and if your loan falls into the timeframe you could be in for money back.

Just a thought.

regards

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.