• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Landlord property inspection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My virginal post here, it's certainly not a prickly question but one that i hope all you learned people may be able to help me with.

My landlord is requesting to carry out an inspection mid tenancy, well, not mid but a few months in. I don't particularly mind as i have not mistreated the property in any way but I was just wondering if this is standard practice? It's my first rental so i'm a little shaky on my rights and obligtions that are beyond the standard expectancies.

Thanks for all your help and I will continue to read here with increasing interest and knowledge.

jeane

Hi Jeane.

Landlord's Access to the Rental Property

The landlord must give the tenant at least a two-day notice of intent to enter the property at reasonable times. The law states, however, that tenants must not unreasonably refuse to allow the landlord to enter the rental when the landlord has given at least one day's notice of intent to enter at a specified time to show the dwelling to prospective or actual buyers or tenants. Tenants also must not unreasonably refuse the landlord access to repair, improve, or service the dwelling. In case of emergency, the landlord can enter without notice.

Landlord and tenant obligations : Directgov - Home and community

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi tonycee,

Thanks for the speedy reply. and in respect to inspections? Is there a standard for how inspections should be completed? How many times within the tenancy this can happen?

cheers.

Hi Jeane,

This is something that is normally agreed at the start of the tenancy and is usually part of the contract. I used to do these type of inspections and the time between visits varied considerably. Some long term tenants I only saw every six months or even on an annual basis. Some of our student tenant's properties recieved a full inspection every month! Believe me a house with 6 lively students can be (and was in some cases) almost demolished internally in that time!

If it wasn't agreed at the start then get in touch and ask the landlord what his process is. You may find they view more often to start with on a new tenant, then as they get to know you the visits will drop off.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

when I was renting I always took the view that whilst these inspections were a bit of a pain in the ass they weren't the end of the world. I always did them as my landlords were pretty good, and it gave me a chance to get to know them and get them to know me, and therefore trust me.

That's brilliant - thank you all for your replies.

There was initally a few things to fix with the property when the tenancy began (and few things remain) so the landlord was here at least once a week for about a month (tenancy was arranged through a private landlord). Since then, i have stopped chasing and he has stopped being attentive.

Inspections were initally proposed to be every fortnight but as i live alone and am not a student, I was afraid it may turn into an unnecessary hassle. So far, this has been the first and i hope the last for a few months at least.

Thanks again, nice to know where i stand.

and in respect to inspections? Is there a standard for how inspections should be completed? How many times within the tenancy this can happen? cheers.

Twice yearly.

And ALLWAYS in your presence.

P.S. I have 9 tenants..So as a landlord, we are not "ALL BAD" , but do have an interest to look after.

I allways tell my tenants that if they play ball with me, there will be no problems.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi Jeane

With my previous tenancy i had quarterly inspections. Altough a bit of a pain, i always got a letter way in advance when it was going to happen. With the letter i got a paper stating any repares I thought necessary. They would then look at them whilst going round

It gives the landlord an idea of the state of the property, and you an option to point out any issues there might be. ALthough my landlord/agency said i didnt need to be present, I always tried to be as its an opportunity to speak to someone!

Make sure though to clean properly. I remember the first time i didnt have enough time (working late etc) so i didnt clean the floor properly. I got a follow up later saying all is fine, but please keep the floor clean.

So make sure that within 2/3 weeks after the check you get a letter stating if all is ok or not. And if you state out any maintenance issues they are on there. These letters might come in use if you are moving out.

LMS

• 2 years later...
Hi Jeane,

This is something that is normally agreed at the start of the tenancy and is usually part of the contract. I used to do these type of inspections and the time between visits varied considerably. Some long term tenants I only saw every six months or even on an annual basis. Some of our student tenant's properties recieved a full inspection every month! Believe me a house with 6 lively students can be (and was in some cases) almost demolished internally in that time!

If it wasn't agreed at the start then get in touch and ask the landlord what his process is. You may find they view more often to start with on a new tenant, then as they get to know you the visits will drop off.

Cheers

Hey,

Further to you comment above, as you said you carried out inspections. It is also my first time renting as well.

I would just like to enquire as my inspection is due in a few days, although I may not be able to be at the property when the housing inspector comes (they will have their own keys to access the property)... so really I would just like to know what they look for, what they do, where they go etc round the house?

Regards

You should always be present at inspections, rearrange it so you are. do not let them in on there own, unless you are really sure. Not in there interest to do it unaccompanied, leave themselves to all sorts, claims etc.

It also gives you the opportunity to raise issues that require attention.

They should only be looking at the fabric of the building anyway, the cleanlyness, tidiness etc should be of no concern to them. Damage to fabric or fittings would be.

thanks for your new replies! i've since moved out of that property as the landlord became an absolute nightmare, including leaving me without heating/hot water/working toilet for 2 months over christmas. foot stamping became a regular occurance on my part and lies and threats on their part and so it was time to leave.

thanks for the information though, it's always good to know.

• 7 months later...

It is in fact illegal for a landlord to enter his or her property without agreement from the tenant. The office of fair trading document oft356 reads as follows:

3.32 We would object to a provision giving the landlord an excessive right to enter the rented property. Under any kind of lease or tenancy, a landlord is required by common law to allow his tenants ‘exclusive possession’ and ‘quiet enjoyment’ of the premises during the tenancy. In other words, tenants must be free from unwarranted intrusion by anyone, including the landlord. Landlords are unfairly disregarding that basic obligation if they reserve a right to enter the property without giving reasonable notice or getting the tenant’s consent, except for good reason.

Irrespective of what may be written in the agreed contract between a landlord and a tenant e.g. a clause that states the landlord is allowed to enter the property without permission; the law will ultimately overrule the clause. Not even a contract will help a landlord in court if he/she steps into their property thinking they can do so because of what is agreed in a contract.

A landlord does have the right to ‘reasonable’ access to carry out repairs for which they are responsible, but they still always need to ask for the tenant’s permission, and give at least 24 hours’ notice.

A Tenant has the right to live without unnecessary interference from the landlord. Most tenants have the right to stop the landlord from coming in unless they want her/him to. If a landlord or someone acting on her/his behalf harasses a tenant or tries to make life difficult, they may be committing a criminal offence.

• 2 years later...

In our case the landlord made an appointment for inspection and no one ever turned up. Now about two weeks later a new inspection was timetabled where photos will be taken, without an apalogie for last time. There are several questions I am asking myself: Do I have any right to complain if appointments are not kept and I am not informed, do I have to let people take photos (and of which areas) and what can they be used for, if the date the landlord fixes does not suit me, can I ask for a different one and were are these rules set out?

Kind regards and thank you for any answers

• 1 year later...