Help And Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have 2 accounts with the Halifax from which I am trying to claim back charges, I have been dealing with them seperately, and have sent claim charged letters and LBA's for both.

(This is the scarey bit) I presume I should take them to court as threatened,

but not sure how to go about this, or what to do next, or if i should put the 2 accounts together.

I tried to paste my Halifax replies below but for some reason I couldn't.

Kindest Regards,

Tina.

Try and stick to just one thread. You have done well getting to this stage on your own. If you forget what your thread is called go to 'search' above the halifax forum, type in your username and then click on 'Advanced search' and tell the drop-down menu to look for all threads started by you.

hi tina you now need file your n1 you will need 3copies of everything

3copies n1

3copies poc

3copies spreadsheets

if you are claiming any benefits you could be exempt from paying court fees here are the links

N1 Claims form in .PDF format with form filling

## New POC for N1 Halifax ##

County Court fees and exemptions

the n1 wont save so when you have completed it print of 3 copies if you any questions just shout somebody willl come along to help good luck

• 5 weeks later...

Don't panic. See Tilly's post above. You can't put the claim number - the court do that. Click on Tilly's link 'county court fees and exemptions' and show has also given yo the linkj for the N1 for Halifax. You are not paying a solicitor - you are doing it yourself and saving a packet. 10,000 of us must be doing it right.

Don't forget to add on your SAR £10 fee and add on 8% interest which the correct spreadsheet will add on for you. I strongly recommend that you devote some time reading some of the longer threads including some from the 'won' section. You will be well prepared then. :p

Do you recommend claiming money online? from what i have looked at so far it seems to be the less complicated way. Do you think that is correct?

Definitely not.

If you have a choice, it is always preferable to file using N1 at your local court. The two main disadvantages with MCOL are that your Particulars of Claim are limited to just 1080 characters with a maximum of 24 lines and you cannot attach the schedule of charges to your claim.

Both these drawbacks can create problems later on. The banks use these limitations of MCOL to assert, with some justification, that the claim has not been fully particularised.

Therefore I would strongly advise you to file at your local court. It will be transferred here eventually anyway.

OFT TEST CASE:

Following the announcement by the OFT, as from August 13th, all bank charge claims filed at MCOL are being automatically stayed. Therefore it is advisable only to file a claim using N1 at your local court