Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'withdraw'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News

Blogs

  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day


Cost Per Day


Location

Found 13 results

  1. Hi, Sorry for the details but its been a long stressful journey that never seems to get better. We started the process of buying a new build property using the shared ownership scheme in early July. We used the builders recommended mortgage brokers and conveyancing firm. This is where the problems started. The mortgage broker messed up our income calculations and we ended up with a hard credit search from a lender that would not have lent to us. They then could only find 1 more lender who deals with shared ownership but needed 5% more deposit. We managed to get the extra 5% with help from family so continued with the purchase. We instructed the law firm and got a fixed quote. Later on they said they made a mistake and asked for more money after we had instructed them. All of this we can live with. But now, 11 weeks after we first instructed the law firm, the housing association who is part of the shared ownership transaction has said we must exchange next week and complete 2 weeks after this or they will withdraw from the sale, leaving us homeless if this does not complete as we are currently renting. Our conveyancing firm said they had been waiting for replies from the other side but did not chase them up even though it had been 20 days since they sent the queries. This left it too late for us to exchange and complete on time. We need advice as to where we would stand legally if we do not complete on time? Do we have a case to claim against someone for our financial losses so far? I can provide more details if needed. Cheers Digots
  2. Dear All Almost two years ago received a claim from Restons for £2,500 but with no details. Filed defence requesting details of claim and made a CCA request. Cabot didn't come back until a week ago, with copies of some documents, containing terms and conditions, and copy of agreement, stating that they are now entitled to obtain Judgment. Have to see if it is genuine. I have noticed that they have not provided copy of Deed of assignment, I requested. Not sure if important? Also it appears that the authorisation of Cabot Financial has lapsed with the FCA, which is the name they've used on the Claim form. Does this mean that the claim is not valid and they have to reapply? Also, over half of the amount they are claiming consists of bank charges. Not sure if Default or Termination notices are relevant if they have bought any debts. Please help
  3. I've just submitted a money claim for a small amount (less than £300) against someone offering a service with a stated money back guarantee which he refused to honour. On reflection I have now decided that I cannot be bothered to go through the hassle of courts etc for this modest amount and want to withdraw the claim immediately. Can I do this by calling the MCOL number on Monday morning first thing and stopping the claim or do I now have to go through the formal 'notice of discontinuance' process etc? I would rather not do the latter because that leaves me open to additional claims from the defendant, does it not? The current status of the claim is 'requested'.
  4. I just wondered if it is normal practice for them to withdraw an appeal before having had any contact (save for the letter acknowledging my appeal). Do they have the right just to withdraw because they want to? Do I not have the right to a hearing even if they are sure they will win?>
  5. Hi Guys , need advice please . Ive been told that i will have difficulty in withdrawing £20k from my Santander bank . Anyone have any good advice on here and what is the process . Seems pretty silly really as i need to purchase a car and its my bloody money ... Thanks in advance
  6. Hi all, this is my first visit I have a 14 year old son who was recently diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome, which is a form of Autism. He has obsessive tendencies, which is one of the symptoms, and as such 'demands' that I take him to his favourite places on a Saturday. I approached my employer and asked for my hours to be amended to accommodate this and was open and honest and explained the situation fully. They made me fill in the relevant forms, and then knocked me back, stating their reasons, all of which dont hold any water. They first claim cost when I proved that cost would be zero and also that they couldnt 'cover my duty' of a Saturday, when I have evidence that my job has been covered every time that I was off on holiday on a Saturday. I have since become absent due to stress and anxiety and have attempted to contact my manager by email, requesting various documentary evidence that he claims to have to support him, but he has not answered three emails. My simple question is, where do I go next? Any help greatly appreciated
  7. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2802677/woman-rips-apart-atm-bare-hands-wouldn-t-let-withdraw-cash.html
  8. i issued a stat demand and now due to circumstances need to withdraw it ...as i am ow unemloyed and money is tight . the stat demand was not challenged in any way just ignored .. what is the procedure please
  9. Hi, just looking for a bit of advice about halifax and them withdrawing a 2k overdraft on a joint account. I received a letter from them as my yearly overdraft review was due (it has been approved every Jan since account opened 5 years ago) stating that they are withdrawing my OD as it has 'expired', the withdrawl letter was dated 6 jan, and i recieved it on 10 Jan, saying the withdrawl will take place on 1 feb. I rang them straight away and was told that they are not willing to discuss the matter untill the overdraft has lapsed. Also they dont have to give a reason why. I then wrote an email complaint to which i have received a reply, reaffirming it will not be discussed untill 1 feb, and 25 quid for my troubles. I ststed i was aware that an OD was a short term borrowing facility, and i was more complaining about the 20 days notice. As i dont have the 2k to pull out and pay it off, i am panicking as they are going to start charging me 5 per day plus interest and charges for using 'an unauthorised overdraft'. Further, my husbands wages are due to be paid in on 31 Jan and i am scared they are going to freeze them and use to repay overdraft. Now i have kick started a new acc opening with another bank but it has ground to halt as my husbands driving licence had not been updated with our new address (naughty i know) so the new bank has asked him to contact hmrc and get a tax notification letter but this is going to take 7-10 working days to get to us and obviously his coming payday is going to be here before that letter will. In desperation i contacted CAB and was advised to make a first right appropriation letter to the bank which i did. I personally took it to the bank and the lady disappeared with it for a good 15 minutes. She came back and said hands are tied nothing more they can do, before i left she tried to flog me a loan, and said if i do it now my chances of getting it are extremely good, if i wait til feb and they have messed up my credit rating by withdrawing the OD - i probablies wont get it! Nice. Is there anything else i can do? I cant believe they can do this. I have a good credit rating (just purchased 3k sofa at dfs in december no probs) my account has been ran in exactly the same way since it opened, the OD has been paid off in its entirety many times, and we have volunatrily made payments to reduce it over time by chipping away when we could afford it (it was originally 2.5) As a foot note, and rather ironically on the same day i received this bombshell letter about the OD, in a seperate letter it was Halifax offering me a pre-approved loan of 15k!!! Also over christmas my chip and pin card got damaged so i had to ring to order new one and they offered me a credit card with a 0% promo rate! I just dont get it, any suggestions appreciated.:
  10. The decision leaves only Barclays offering accounts to ex bankrupts. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19621680
  11. Hi everyone, Just received notification from motability that my car for my disabled son is being collected in a month as he no longer qualifies for the higher rate of mobility component for DLA. Curiously this arrived BEFORE any notification from DWP. We only had any warning as we had telephoned them on the previous day. As we are only 1 year into the contact that means we get 2/3 of the advanced payment back however: The paper work says that we are still liable for the 24(ish) outstanding payments as it is a 3 year contract, and this is confirmed by the small print of the original contract. (that s about £4000) I cannot see how, if the car is collected, that we can be forced to pay for a product or service that we are not receiving. I cannot see anyone having exactly this problem, but we have been through the contract, letters and it seems to be exactly what they are suggesting. In addiction the letter came with several debt management help contact centres. We intend to apeal this decision as far from there being any improvement in his condition, he qualifies more clearly for higher rate than he did when it was first awarded. Any advice gratefully recieved.
  12. I was served with a statutory demand last week and so I wrote to the "creditor" to ask them to withdraw it. They have sent me a letter yesterday saying that it is withdrawn, however, is this sufficient? What are the formalities of withdrawing a statutory demand? The Insolvency Rules say nothing! Should the creditor submit the form 6.4 and 6.5?
  13. Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help because I'm at my wits end. I have a verified business account with Paypal and have never had any problems before now. Suddenly, I am faced with a problem withdrawing funds I have received in Paypal to my bank account. Basically, I requested a withdrawal last Thursday 1 Sept and it should have cleared into my account on Monday. It's now Friday - 9 days later (and 7 working days) and still no sign of the payment. Paypal are refusing to do anything about it but my bank has advised that there is absolutely nothing they can do because it is down to Paypal as the originator to put a trace on the payment. Paypal are refusing to do a trace saying not enough time has passed. In the meantime, I have money going out and am out of pocket where I have paid to ship items to customer but have not received the money they paid to me. What can I do? Does anyone else have any experience of this?
×
×
  • Create New...