Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'unpayable'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 2 results

  1. Hi I am so stressed out. I've been at a University address since recently and came home to parents house to discover i have had a CCJ filed against me last month for an old catalogue debt and have been ordered to pay £50 per month with the first payment due in the next few days. I don't dispute the debt I just have no money and as I have now just completed my final year at Uni I am technically unemployed. I will be moving back in with parents very soon and am worried a bailiff will be paying me a visit and cause great embarrasment and distress to them. I've done some preliminary research but it looks very complex to me. Whether I apply for it to be set aside, or ask a court to change the amount, it all involves paying a fee which I don't have. I think in order to get help with fees you have to be on JSA/unemployment benefit? I don't want to do this. Just wondering what is likely to happen now? The amount of the debt is "only" around £300ish but I can't afford anything until I get a job. If the bailiff comes and I don't let him in, I know they can't force entry as long as doors are locked etc but what is the worst they can do? Can I just ignore him completely? Any advice greatly appreciated
  2. My wife and I have been struggling financially due to my being unpaid for the first 10 weeks of this year and this being followed by me being made redundant. Following this I was unemployed for 2 months, I have now found employment as a postman but my take home wage is approx £1,200 less than it used to be. We are keeping up to date with all our priority debts, we have fallen behind with non-priority debtors, now we have written to other debtors and most of them have agreed our reduced payment terms, HSBC seem to be ignoring our letters at present. My wife's Sygma card passed it onto Dryden Fairfax solicitors, despite our writing to both Sygma and Dryden Fairfax with our offer of reduced payment they decided to issue a CCJ. We filled out the forms supplied by the court and sent them a budget statement giving a detailed breakdown of our situation, our statement shown that we had £135 available to distribute amongst non-priority debtors which we did on a pro-rata basis, this allowed £3.20 per month for this account. Today we had a letter back from the court stating that "The claimant has objected to the rate of payment you offered", it then states that the court has decided on a rate of £635.81 per month. There is no possible way we can pay this amount, I have downloaded and filled in a N245 form offering a payment of £20 per month, we can afford to stretch to this. Is there any other action I should/can take at this point ? Should I send a letter with the N245 form asking how the figure of £635.81 was arrived at and then explain our current situation ?
  • Create New...