Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'unlocked'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Found 2 results

  1. This is an odd one, and apologies if the forum isn't correct for it - this seemed the most appropriate. Several weeks ago, I purchased an 'unlocked' iPhone from the Carphone Warehouse. Immediately upon receipt, I sent this phone to an online company which colours the housing of the phone. A couple of weeks later the phone was returned, looking great. The only issue is, the company responsible for changing the colour also managed to lock my phone to a UK mobile network. Unlocked phones from the CW lock automatically to the first SIM card placed inside the phone and what appears to have happened is that the company involved placed a SIM inside the phone which inadvertently locked it to that network. This has led to a very difficult situation. My phone is now locked to that network, and Apple have confirmed that it happened while in the care of the company. Apple cannot unlock the phone except at the request of the network. The network won't request it because I am not a customer of theirs. CW wash their hands of it due to the lock happening after purchase/receipt, and the company who locked it say they never guaranteed against doing so and they were never informed that they may lock the phone. I'd like to pursue a case against the company who locked my phone. I paid them to change the colour and they did this to my satisfaction, but in sending back a phone which is locked, they have effectively delivered me a defective unit, substantially different to the one I sent them. My phone is now useless to me and I have had to turn to a third party to pay for an unlock service which is still ongoing. Worse still, all this was discovered overseas, where I was relying on my phone to be operable. I have spent a small fortune purchasing a secondary phone and top-ups while abroad, all directly due to the fact my phone was locked by this company. I have contacted them to try and reason with them and have requested a refund for services provided, but they refuse and merely offer an unlock service for my phone at 'cost price' (a further £50). They are accepting no responsibility and suggest I should have told them that inserting a SIM would lock the phone. The phone was brand new, meaning they would have had no option but to insert a SIM to activate it. At no point did they consult with me or inform me that they would have to insert a SIM card, and insertion of SIMs is not part of the service I paid for. I'm unsure where I stand as a consumer. They have delivered on services ordered, but have rendered the unit dysfunctional in the process. Can anyone advise where I stand?
  2. I am amazed how incompetent this lot have been. First - I don't use O2 - just their network via Giffgaff. I lost about 24 hours of data and a bit less of calls and texts when their network failed last week. It was the second problem in six months, as I had to change my number in February/March as I used my mobile as a modem - and an error on O2 forwarded the phone number to all sites visited, including ad servers. Then the spamming texts started. I contacted O2 on their web chat - and told them I wanted my phone unlocked free (its PAYG and meant to take a year before it can be unlocked, and it costs £15. The problem was the year!) So after they agreed their service was unsatisfactory, I pointed out my phone must be unsatisfactory too as it was locked to them/that unsatisfactory service, and they had two major screw ups in six months. So they agreed to unlock it free after a bit of a discussion. Now I have an email stating both... It has zero O2 credit, as its not on O2! AND in the small email a few lines down from their chat person it mentions... Hopefully the third web chat earlier will have fixed this!!! :D:D
  • Create New...