Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'unauthorised overdraft'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 2 results

  1. Hi, I am looking for some information on where I stand regarding an unauthorised overdraft. In November last year I took out a short term loan with Wonga in the amount of £420. I then ran in to financial difficulties and knew I would not have sufficient funds in my bank to cover the repayment due to come out. Therefore to avoid making matters even worse I cancelled the direct debit to avoid receiving charges for having insufficient funds to cover the direct debit. I was under the belief that it would then be for me to arrange repayment with Wonga. However, on the repayment date, Lloyds TSB allowed Wonga to debit three sums in total, two in the amount of £10 and one larger for £288.50. As there was nothing in the account at the time the transactions put me £300 in to an unauthorised overdraft. The full amount of the loan was in excess of £450 so the full amount was not allowed to be debited, just enough to put me in to a large unauthorised overdraft and leave the loan unpaid for some reason. I should also note that at the time Lloyds allowed these debits the only income in to the bank was benefits. In addition when I was working I had applied numerous times for an authorised overdraft with Lloyds TSB only to be rejected on each occasion. I did not want the unauthorised overdraft and it is clear I could not afford it at the time and I had been rejected for an authorised one. I am now receiving letters from solicitors demanding full repayment. Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Hi all, Due to a lost two months ago i have an excess of overdraft (unauthorized) for about £300 on my hsbc account. However, I have received my housing benefit on this account yesterday but i cannot withdraw it : when I call the hsbc support and ask them to transfer the housing benefit to another account they ask me to go to one of their local branch. The problem is that i cannot presently go outside since i have been locked in by landlord & neighbors (but my rent payment is up to date (reason of this overdraft)) and i have to stay in bed due to my sickness. Thanks in advance for your help, MoonTop Ps : I understand that normally I should leave this housing benefit into this bank account since I had used the unauthorized overdraft to pay the rent in advance in goal to avoid an eviction, but despite of this the landlord is taking illegal action (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377671-Unlawful-Eviction-today-Landlord-has-changed-the-locks&p=4095121#post4095121) and i need further money to stop this since i have to pay some fees online.
  • Create New...