Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'taxation'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 5 results

  1. New rules for taxation of termination payments READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-for-taxation-of-termination-payments
  2. Hi. I want to add some side windows to my Landrover Defender but cannot get any guidance on if I need to let the DVLA know re taxation class. Everywhere on the internet talks about adding windows AND adding seats which creates all sorts of trouble with the tax. I just want windows. Can anyone sign post me to what I need to do legally. My vehicle is currently registered as Light Goods Vehicle. Many thanks Kilo
  3. Has anyone read this yet? https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/draft-legislation-the-taxation-of-pensions-bill
  4. I was underpaid for several years along with several others somewhere I used to work. At the time the pay would have been at the usual PAYE rate. The employer has agreed to pay a lump sum in compensation however as its several years later the large sum will be be in the next tax band. I have read http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/pommanual/paye70023.htm#IDAPZRFH and do not understand: Legally, an employee’s tax liability on a payment of arrears arises in the tax year that the employee was originally entitled to be paid the extra amounts, not in the year that payments are eventually made. However, if arrears are paid in one lump sum in the current tax year then PAYE is due at the time of payment Does this mean you get taxed at the current rate or the rate at the time you were due the wages?
  5. Just a bit of a rant......with a good outcome Went to Glasgow dvla office to change the v5 taxation class only to find that it had closed down in Dec 13. So that was a day wasted for me. Popped into my local post office, told her my sob story and asked for advice and she said no problem we can do that for you. So the v5 was sent away and I got my new tax disc. So it actually can be done at a PO. Don't know if this is only due to all the closures but saved me sending everything to dvla and waiting weeks..
  • Create New...