Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'taxable'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 4 results

  1. Hi, I am disabled and my wife is my full time carer.l receive ESA and my wife receives carers allowance.We have been trying to understand the figures HMRC have sent us regarding our tax credits. My ESA is income and contribution based (l rang ESA and asked how much is income based and how much is contribution based but l was told they couldn't give me those figures). I have my P60 which says my ESA benefit for the year was £7,783.68 and the taxable amount was £5,842.61 The letter from HMRC regarding our tax credits says my ESA taxable benefit is £7774.50 I was told that HMRC only take into account a certain amount from my ESA as it is income and contribution based.l just wanted to know if something isn't right with these figures.Should the taxable amount on the P60 match the taxable amount on the HMRC letter. Thank you
  2. I have today received a certificate of pay and taxable benefit, dated year to april 2017. I really don't recall receiving this before, I am on esa support group benefit. Is this something I should expect to have now?
  3. I have been trying to find out if Universal Credit is classed as a taxable benefit. The two main government bodies contradict each other. UK Govt. as per below link advice UC is NOT Taxable https://www.gov.uk/income-tax/taxfree-and-taxable-state-benefits Whilst following link from HMRC states the complete opposite. https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/PersonalTax_iForms/1.0/P50&template=P50.xdp Any advice would be appreciated and I need to claim a tax rebate but form asks which taxable benefits I have received. I was under impression that UC was NOT taxable but HMRC say it is in contradiction to most other public resource information.
  4. Hi all, I am hoping someone can help or let me know of someone who can help. Last year I raised a case of discrimination to the employment tribunal. Case background: In 2009, I was attacked (outside work) and suffered PTSD and depression. 2012 employer implied I was weak because of the attack (e.t.c) and asked me to find another job (I had a very public breakdown whilst being told this & it was very belittling). I subsequently found myself having a re-occurrence of PTSD/depression. I accepted a settlement based on the figures below (figures separated in COT3) £30,000 compromise agreement to end employment (redundancy) £15,000 to settle claim. My questions are: 1) Do I pay tax on the £15,000? I consider this 'hurt feelings' for what I suffered. I haven't been able to work since and my career is over. How will HMRC see this figure? 2) During 2012, I was paid 40% tax on 3 months salary and paid 4 months statutory sick pay, and no other income. Would I get a tax rebate to bring the tax to 20% (3 months salary doesn't put me in the 40% tax bracket). 3) Can I claim tax back for legal fee's associated with the claim? If you don't know the answer, do any of you know how I find out? I contacted an accountant 6 weeks ago but have had no response after much chasing. I have searched the internet and some sources say 'taxable' and some say 'not taxable'. Many thanks for your help.
  • Create New...