Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'swiftcover'.
Found 4 results
introducing myself, swiftcover online car insurance accepted £56 deposit for cover agreeing to a policy price of £196 subject to No Claim Discount, two weeks in swiftcover rejected my NCD evidence on the grounds my previous NCD was from a camper van... then hiking the policy cost to over £554 needless to say i cancelled the policy and the Direct Debit and gained insurance including my camper van insurance NCD another less blood sucking insurance company but in the meantime swizz-cover tried to extort more money by demanding i pay a further £65 policy cost & threatening an additional 'policy change charge' of £35 on top. so on returning the unopened letter from swiftcover i marked 'no contract return to sender', they have texted & emailed me notifications they intend to deploy debt collectors on my sorry ass which i will deal with but it is hard when these corporate debts are solely manufactured to fleece & extort as much as they can out of us even if it means moving the goal post in the contract. thanks peace
Afternoon all, Today I received a standard threat letter from C.A.R.S regarding a cancellation of my policy to SwiftCover for the amount of £128.54. Here's the background to the 'debt', in short: - December 15th 2011, car was smashed into when parked up, not my fault, guy drove off. Eventually tracked him down, admitted over the phone to us it was his fault, would agree this with insurance companies. Claim registered with Swiftcover (SC) on Dec 16th, all details INCLUDING HIS POLICY NUMBER were given on the 20th to SC. - Between Dec 16th and Jan 31st SC claim to have sent 3 accusation letters to him, all according to him never turned up. CIS paperwork shows apparently I stated to SC on Dec 16th that it was notification only, which is a lie. - Jan 31st, SC close the claim having done nothing and under no instruction from myself. Re-opened on request. - Feb 12th, Motor Insurers Bureau investigation concludes he IS insured with Co-op (CIS), and the policy number matches that which he gave me. SC claim they have spoken to CIS several times (including putting me on hold to speak to them directly) and CIS said that policy didn't exist. - Fed 14th, accident report concludes the car is a Cat C write-off, total damage £2,450. Policy excess is £700, car valued at £700 by SC who officially offer me a settlement of £0. I reject on the basis the accident was not my fault and my excess should not be affected, third party (TP) should be chased for this. They claimed to chase him further. They didn't. - March 12th, I instructed solicitors using the legal cover on my policy to investigate further. SC turn around and tell me they haven't looked into any of my claim as there were "arrears" on the account of £103.54. SC say to continue the claim I have to pay full premium of £863, solicitors off the record said thats bs, not the case at all. After 3 months, SC did absolutely no work into this and lied all along, making me understandably very cross. - March 27th, liability accepted. - April 20th, claim ends as CIS pay out £1,100. £700 excess + £400 inconvenience, despite a week earlier offering £20 as opposed to £400 as they claim all the delays were from SC to which I agreed. However, accepted the £1100, much less than we were challenging. Was told to claim the rest from SC. - I was attempting to claim, as recommended by solicitors, a total of £2400.80 - £700 excess, £85 reimbursement from being put on my parents insurance to get to work, £25 in phone calls to SC + solicitor, £400 in loss of earnings, £1,190 loss of car use (119 days x £10 per day). Now let's forget the £1,190 bit as that was more compensation than anything else, so the total I should have received was £1,210.80. This makes a deficit of £110.80, a good portion of the debt being chased, and I believe SC are liable for that. CIS agree, my solicitor agreed, SC strangely didn't. I said to SC I would not pay this amount as they were the ones causing all the delays thus incurring all my personal losses and they should deduct the amount from the final figure. Again, they disagreed saying it was my fault, despite speaking to them 3 times a week for almost 15 weeks. What would the next cause of action be? I have all paperwork to support everything stated here, including timesheets from work showing where losses were incurred there. Sorry for the long post, but this was a major headache and I'm not letting them win. They've also added £25 for debt collection fees, that's not on is it?
Hi all, Been contacted by C.A.R.S (Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions - nice name for Swiftcover's debt recovery!). Here's a scan of their letter. Now in their letter, they claim that I owe £72.37 - the swiftcover debt was £52! No mention in their letter of charges, nor have I been informed of any charges added. Not only that, in the email Swiftcover sent me, they said their debt recover company "Regal Credit" would be contacting me ... not even the same company! Also, can they "threaten" me with a collection agent to make a visit to my premises, I was under the impression only court appointed bailiffs (after court action) can only visit your home? Any how, any advice or suggestions as to what is best now, as I said I've not been informed of any charges and this is definitely higher than the original Swiftcover debt. Thanks, Jason
Hello all, I was hit by another driver a few months ago. At first he admitted liability (both to me in person and to my boyfriend over the phone) and offered to pay for the repairs (new plastic bumper). When we discovered that the front wing was bent and the cost jumped from £50ish to £400+ he changed his tune so I had to put a claim in to my insurance company. They put me in touch with their preferred garage who wanted me to sort the details out with the insurance company before carrying out the work (the damage doesnt affect driving, just cosmetic). I have submitted drawings, photos, a map of the incident and contact details for a witness who agrees that the other driver was 100% at fault. The other driver has said he thinks its not his fault but he will not provide any drawings, evidence or even an explaination, now he is refusing to answer calls from the insurance company full stop. My insurance company (Swiftcover) have been rubbish at answering my questions throughout the process. When pressed about the status of the claim they say there is nothing they can do as I have not suffered any financial loss (by paying for the repairs myself) so they will not take any further action to settle the claim, they wont even tell me how often they have tried to contact him. In short I'm stuck - the garage would rather I get the liability sorted so the insurance company pay them direct but Swiftcover wont resolve the liability issue unless I stump up the money. That means the other driver has been allowed to get away with causing £400 worth of damage to my car by not answering any calls from his insurance company! It would be a real struggle for me to pay the whole lot up front, especially with no guarantee for when I could get it back. This is the first time I have ever had to claim on my insurance so I dont really know what I should be doing. Sorry to ramble, what I want to know is - are Swiftcover correct in saying they dont have to do anything unless I pay for the repair or is there further action I should be pushing them to take to get the claim resolved? Thanks all