Recently I kinda burnt some food on the stove!
OK... ok, I forgot it was there until the smoke alarm went off.
Anyway, the kitchen STANK for ages after that.
A few days ago a friend said, get some lemons, chop them up finely, get a MASSIVE pot, fill it with water, plonk the lemon in and give the kitchen a steam bath.
So I did, and guess what.. The smell INSTANTLY disappeared!
Just a word of warning, I was sure to remove things like metal ornaments and books etc... incase the acid in the lemon vapour corroded it.
Also remove books as acid