Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'sheriffs office'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 2 results

  1. Hello I am taking an Estate Agent/Builder to court because he owes me approx £2.5K. I am told that he has opened and closed a number of businesses and is likely to to close the business that owes me money to avoid paying me. This person committed a criminal act in order to get this business and has already been investigated by Trading Standards. TS decided not to take action against him for cost reasons. I am wondering if I can take out a personal claim against the owner of this business if he does decide to close the business that owes me money. What do you think thanks for taking the time to read this. Any advice you can give me would be welcome.
  2. Hi everyone. New to the forums, sadly not new to debt I have been contacted by Sheriff Office Enforcement Limited for an unpaid outstanding CCJ. The bailiff (certificated only) called with a writ of execution at my families address, not mine. I have never lived there EVER. I believe the original creditor has actually given them this address. The bailiff tried to get my family member to sign a walking possession order, but thankfully they were having none of it and asked him to leave. He said he would continue to call as the writ is to be served at the address on it. I have never been linked, nor lived at the address on the writ. My main query is, can a certificated bailiff (only certificated) act for a HCEO on a writ. The writ is in the name of Peter Noble Watt, who I also believe is a board member on the HCEOA. So clearly no point complaining to them!I think the outcome would be more than biased. I have also heard the OFT recently brought the Sheriffs Office Enforcement Limited's repute into question. What was the outcome on this. Do they still have legal means to trade? What are my options as I am basically bankrupt anyway due to business and personal debt, have no company or personal assets, cars, furniture or home etc. Im also unemployed.
  • Create New...