Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'shared ownership'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 1 result

  1. My mum lives in a retirement village of approx 90 units. Roughly 30% are privately owned, 30% are jointly owner/renter and 30% are local authority. My mum pays for a monthly maintenance contract that covers security, maintenance and common ares (corridors/lounges and tv room etc. My mum has had laminate flooring laid throughout the apartment to allow easier access for wheelchairs. A few months ago, one of the radiators in her apartment leaked and caused damage to the laminate flooring. It was due to poor quality rather than any impact damage. The housing company said the repair should come off her own insurance. Another leak has now occurred, this time from poorly fitted pipes in the bathroom. The leak from this has also caused damage to the laminate flooring. I believe that these leak should be paid for by the housing company insurance rather than my mums since the interface between my mums property and that of the housing company would be the radiator valve or the sink unit. If my mum wanted to change the radiator for a decorative radiator of her choice, i 'm sure she would not be allowed to since it would be interfering with the heating system for the whole building. Please can anyone advise on what course of action to take? Thanks for any help or info provided.
  • Create New...