Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'road tax'.
Found 2 results
In order to reject a used car, do I take it back to the dealer, even if we are in dispute about how much he will refund me? I am planning on taking him to court for the full amount I paid, plus compensation for repair costs, as it broke down after one week and was not as described. If I take the car back, do I sign the car over to him while I let the court decide how much he should refund me? If I keep the car until the issue is resolved, do I have to insure it, even if I don't use it? The car tax is due to run out, can I claim back the cost of this, since I am not able to use the car due to the dispute? I have asked the dealer to collect it, but our negotiations have been going on for almost 3 months and he keeps changing his mind about what he is prepared to offer me. Meanwhile I have a car that I can't use.
Hi This is my first post and was hoping someone could respond with some information to help me decide on my plan of action. I recieved a £30 fixed penalty notice in relation to not displaying a current excise licence (section 33 (1) of the vehicle excise and registraion act 1994) The penalty notice was issued by a police officer on 06-11-12 at 10.30pm in the car park outside my flat. The car park is owned by the housing association, not the local council of which I have a share (being an owner occupier). The vehicle did have a current excise licence issued on 07-10-12 and had this in the vehicle. Although it had slipped out of its holder and was lying between the windscreen and the dashboard. I had not noticed this, as the vehicle had not been moved for over a week. The vehicle is a registered disabled car used mainly to transport my disabled daughter about and was parked in her disabled parking bay and showing a current blue badge. I must say that I was disappointed to find a ticket on my windscreen when I was putting my child on to her school bus in the morning of 07-11-12 and that the issuing officer did not check that a current excise licence was actulally issued and investigate matter a bit further. I was thinking of appealing but need to go to court to do this. I am anxious that if I go to court I will end up with a much bigger fine for challenging it. I was hoping to get information to allow me to assess what my options are.