Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'rental property'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 4 results

  1. Hounslow Council recently contacted me (May 2012) to say that I owed £525 for council tax owed back in the year 2000. What had happened is that I moved out of a rented flat and moved to an address in the same block as the landlord had decided to sell the property. We promptly registered that we were moving to a new flat with the council and immediately without a pause began paying council tax on the new property. Hounslow acknowledge this and can see the record of this taking place. However, they are claiming that we did not de-register from the previous address and are claiming for a pe
  2. Hi all, Didn't realise this forum was for income tax stuff too, but I'll keep this a separate post. Basically I've been renting out a small second home (my first house, still fully mortgaged, in negative equity) since mid - late 2007 and (I think) have overall made some money from it, but didn't realise until this morning that I should have been paying tax on it. (Was trying to get my head around a separate problem and found a leaflet on the HMRC website.) This time of letting the other house overlaps a period when I was employed full time on PAYE tax, as well as a long period o
  3. I currently rent a property privately and have had a number if issues with it, to the point were i have served notice that should the landlord fail to action repairs with 7 days it will be raising action with prhpscotland.gov.uk So to cut a long story short we are about to leave and don't trust the land lord to return the deposit as in Scotland we dont yet have a tenancy deposit scheme. Am i within my right to do so? I have done it before and the Landlord was less than happy and set her lawyer on me who after a phone call from me agreed it was not worth perusing until we had le
  4. Hey guys, I have an urgent problem. I moved into my Private rented property in 2007, when we moved in we noticed that there was some dry rot starting on the wooden window frames. I immediately reported this to the Estate Agents who in turn reported this to the Landlord. I then reported this every month for nearly 2 years but as the frames were still intact the LL wasn't interested in repairing or replacing them. 3 months ago the inside of the window frame at the top completely rotted away and the frame was crumbling away, we immediately reported this to the Estate agents who sai
  • Create New...