Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'private school'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 2 results

  1. Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right place to start, but we run a small, weekly toddler group in a sports hall that's owned by a Private School. It's a modern hall and when it was built part of the remit was to provide a space for the local community, for things like toddler groups etc. However, this term, they've *doubled* the money that they're asking us to contribute and we're unable to meet this financially. We've always had the impression that we're an inconvenience to them and suspect that this may be a tactic to get rid of us. Is there anything we can do - can we challenge the increase in money legally? Where would I go to have a look at the original agreement that was made between the hall and, presumably - the council? Do we have a leg to stand on? Many thanks, M.
  2. Hi I dont know if anyone can help but I dont know were to start on here. My daughter was able to attend private school as her grandparents paid most the fees after a month of being at the school I realised she wasnt happy and was being bullied by the other kids. I made the school aware that I was not happy and felf they did not put adequate measures in place to protect her ie none of the parents whose kids were involved were informed. She started the school in the september and I informed them she would be leaving at the end of the term December and not returning. The school through a debt collection agency are demanding a terms worth of fees, you normally have to give a terms notice before leaving, this could not be the case as for one she was not even there a term at the time i told them she was leaving and two i feel they did not stick to their end of the contract ie their duty of care. I no longer have contact with my daughters father or grandparents and so can not afford to just come up with £2400. Any help would be appreciated. Can I take this to cc myself? Can I get legal aid for this? thanks
  • Create New...