Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'obliged'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Found 2 results

  1. Hi all, First post on here, so please go easy on me. My situation: Currently residing in family flat (NOT the owner), and finally bought a car. (Full time student at the moment.) The flat owner (aka my parent) has access to ONE off street parking space in the complex car park. Applied to the council for a residents permit to park on my street, where most of the bays are always empty. Told that as this is the inner town zone, and demand is high, there is a 6-12 month waiting list. In the latest email, they are now refusing me a permit in this zone (the inner town one), stating as I already have one off street parking space (I don't, my parent does?!) they are unable to offer me a permit for this area. They said they are only able to offer me an adjacent zone (meh, fine by me I guess), but the zone they offered is not the second closest one, it is the third closest one!! Arggh!!! This third closest zone that I speak of has over 90% of its bays almost half a mile away from my house, which is frankly ridiculous. Some of them are almost a bus ride away. So my question is: Is the council LEGALLY OBLIGED to provide me with a residents permit, and for what area? Are there any laws regarding this? If there are any laws that deal with this in my favour, I would like to quote these. With all my work (and dealing with my minor lifelong health condition), I am absolutely sick and tired of being pushed around by the council.
  2. Hello, I'm hoping you can help! My brother was in a joint tenancy where the fixed part ended and it became a monthly rolling tenancy (I believe this is called a periodic tenancy). Due to difficulties with the other two tenants, he advised the landlord he wanted to leave and gave a months notice. The landlord accepted this but told him he would have to find a replacement tenant before he could leave. He tried to but was unable to do so. During this time the other tenants decided to leave and gave their notice which ended a month later. The landlord had my brother pay for what would have been his share of this extra month because he had not found a replacement tenant for the final month. As far as I understand it, the tenancy was terminated for everyone at the end of the notice my brother had given and finding a replacement tenant was not a requirement. If the other two tenants wanted to stay on that is between them and the landlord. My brother only paid the extra months rent because he believed the landlord, though I feel he was misled. Can anyone shed any light on this, as I'm not sure if I'm correct in thinking my brother was misled and should not have paid for the extra months rent, or if the landlord is correct? Sorry if I haven't explained myself well, I can provide further information if required.
  • Create New...