Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'not received'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 3 results

  1. Hi I bought a 16 month old Corsa with 3900 miles on the clock on Tuesday. Within 4 hours of owning it the car began veering to the left. I took it back to the garage the next morning, and they said that they had resolved the issue. I took it for a drive and the car then veered to the right. I took it back and said it wasn't fixed and I didn't want to keep the car as it wasn't safe to drive (I had only owned it for 17 hours at this point). They said it HAD been fixed and the technician had taken it for a test drive. I handed the keys back and said I no longer wanted the car. They had a senior technician take it for a test drive and when he came back he checked it up on the ramps and said that the problem wasn't with the tracking as the lasers were 100% accurate, but they would need to take the vehicle in to examine it. Again I said I didn't want to keep the car and they said I would need to inform the sales department. I handed both keys back to the sales team and said I WOULD NOT keep the car. They didn't have any courtesy cars, but managed to arrange a demo to be loaned to me. I was there for 5 hours that morning. Today I had a phonecall from them to say they had fixed the problem with the tracking! (I was told that the problem wasn't the tracking and they weren't sure what was causing it) I was also told to hand back the demo vehicle. I have spoken to citizen advice who advised to hand in a letter rejecting the vehicle, which I did this morning (funny how suddenly the car was "fixed" a few hours later). They have since informed me to hand back the courtesy car as it is not a legal obligation to provide me with one. I am doing this in the morning. The manager has said he is rejecting my rejection letter, refusing to refund the cost of the car (8k), and also refusing to give me back my 2 cars that I traded in by saying he "doesn't know where they are and that they may be in the garage getting repaired or somewhere" My problem is that I have no car, 8k in debt and I work in the community and my father is in hospital 100 miles away so I desperately need a vehicle. WHAT DO I DO??? COURT ACTION??
  2. Hi there, please help, if this rings a bell, this must happen to others, too! I received a PCN (£55) from LBWF in January, and appealed against it on their website. LBWF did not send any reply, i.e. a notice of rejection. They did however in March send a charge certificate, telling me that "as my appeal had been rejected, I now need to pay £165". I then emailed them to let them know that I had not received a notice of rejection, and copied in again my original appeal, in case their website hadn't worked, and they hadn't received my appeal. So two days ago, in April, they have now sent me a letter stating that I had lost my right to appeal, enclosing a copy of a rejection to my appeal, which is dated February. The letter also states that by their notice of rejection not having been returned to them, this meant, that I must have received it, and therefore could not argue that I hadn't received it. So effectively, they say that their notice of rejection not having been returned to them acts as proof of delivery. Normally proof of delivery is usually obtained by a signature, i.e. recorded delivery?? Is the LBWF above this need to have to prove delivery? Please let me know, if you had any comments, as I am lost for words about this apparent system! I rang them, and they understood my point, but they said that I have now to wait to receive a notice of recovery from the County Court. I don't like the sound of this at alll!!!
  3. I received two (now three) parking tickets from Brent for briefly unloading a commercial vehicle on a single yellow line. I appealed, they wrote back to say that because my father is the legal owner of the vehicle they cannot consider my appeal. After discussing the matter with Brent, they requested hire documents showing that I was the keeper of the vehicle. I sent counter-signed hire documents by standard Royal Mail post, and heard nothing back for around a year (?). I concluded that the matter was closed. Suddenly my father has recieved correspondance from Brent, stating that court action is imminent over the parking tickets. He called them, and they claim never to have received the hire documents. They claim that it is too late to appeal or send further documents. I don't believe them, but because I didn't send recorded delivery I can't prove it. Do I have a legal basis to challenge Brent on their claim that they didn't receive my documents? Thanks
  • Create New...