Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mortgage charges'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 5 results

  1. In 2013 my mortgage lenders have been approached**by the freeholder informing them of a 2012 LVTribunal determination to pay for service charges arrears (which we still dispute) amounting to almost £12,000. The Tribunal determined we had to pay for £12k plus some of the freeholder legal costs. To that bill the freeholder added a bill of almost £100.000 to cover his costs awarded against the leaseholders increasing our service charge bill to almost 20k per flat. We presented two appeals in 2012 (to the LVT and to the Upper Tribunal) both rejected with great surprise given the evidence a
  2. I'd appreciate any views on the following scenario. I made an application to re-mortgage with First Direct last July - it was for a fixed rate and I paid a booking fee of £899. It was made clear to me at the time it was a non-refundable fee. After a period of c. 24-48 hours I realised that as part of my calculations I had under-estimated th early repayment fee that my current lender, N&P, would charge on my current fixed rate. This was completely my fault and I picked up the phone to First Direct to see if they would be willing to refund my booking fee, bearing in mind we wer
  3. Hi Everyone I have had a mortgage for what seems a lifetime with the Halifax (1985/86). This was on an endowment basis. I have subsequently transferred to a repayment tracker mortgage before the proverbial hit the fan. Over the years i have successfully staved of one repossession order, but i have another for which i have made an arrangement for. I have decided to try and get back the various charges that have been levied on my account, and I have just recieved the DSAR information from Halifax (3inch thick pack). Question. How far can I go back? I have noticed
  4. hi we have found out that our current mortgage lender has sent letters to some of it's customers encouraging them to go to a new lender and they they will waiver the fees and even pay them money to go... we want to move but are concerned about the fact we will have to pay a penalty as we are still in a fixed rate mortgage...do you think we will have any chance of getting out of the penalty given that the option has been offered to other customers...
  5. I was forced to sell my house due to charges and ridiculous interest rates being charged by Bear Stearns. That was in 2001 and I would like to bring a case against them and recover the money, however I don't know if I can do this because of the 6 year rule. Also, I don't live in the UK any more and would need a solicitor to take action on my behalf. So if it is possible to make a claim can anyone recommend a good solicitor.
  • Create New...