Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'lliability'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 1 result

  1. Many thanks in advance for all advice! The situation is as follows: In February this year, my brother informed me that he couldn't cope with dealing with his local council regarding his council tax arrears (he has been suffering from extensive serious health problems, which have also affected his mental capabilities). His problems regarding council tax initially began when a direct debit payment was refused. The council were asked to set up a new direct debit, but instead repeatedly tried to collect on the old one. Eventually, my brother contacted me to try and help. To this end, I contacted the council and explained the situation. I also enclosed relevant permission from my brother authorising me to deal with the matter on his behalf. Eventually, I received a reply (after a two-week wait) requesting further information and my suggestions regarding payment. I replied by email, giving further details of health problems and the opinion that, given the circumstances, he should be classed as a vulnerable person. I also proposed payments of £100/month to cover the arrears of £700, rising in April to £200/month, the extra £100 to pay towards his 2016/17 liability. He has been paying this amount regularly and has not missed a payment. No reply has been received from the council regarding my proposal, despite payments being made in anticipation of the offer being acceptable to them. Now my brother has informed me that the council have sent him a court summons for the entire sum plus costs for 2016/17, the liability order hearing to take place on 11/07/2016. He is obviously extremely upset by all this. I have submitted a SAR to the council in order to try to find out what has been happening. Should I (or could I) apply to the court for an adjournment, given the disputed outstanding sum and the ongoing SAR? Any advice very gratefully received! Many thanks, George.
  • Create New...