Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'insuring'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Found 4 results

  1. Insuring a property held in trust I live in a property held in a Deed of Trust, set up by my parents as the original trustees. A trust fund from which I am the beneficiary, the life tenant. The trust is held to one third to my children, one third to my sister or children and one third to my brother or children. The original trustees: my mother is deceased and my father is old and ill perhaps not competent anymore. The trust is irrevocable and intended to for the rest of my life. My question is can I insure the property (being the beneficiary) simply as the policyholder. None of the high street, telephone insurance companies seem to understand what a trust deed is.
  2. neighbour has a 21yrs old son he got caught last year driving alone on provi licence. [one off silly mistake whilst parents were away] got 6 points for no ins/£200 fine. all done paid ended he has now passed his test they want to allow him to drive their second [wifes] car she has her own full comp insurance on it. she is the owner/keeper can he be put on her insurance as named driver? can he get his own full comp insurance to drive the same car? if he does do they have to tell the wifes insurance provider? can you have two separate policies on the same car? sorry not my game
  3. Can anyone give me any information or advice on the following: I'm trying to get insurance for a left-hand drive van with Spanish number plates in the UK. To register the van in the UK I need a British MOT, insurance and tax disc. I've had no luck trying to get insured with some of the big insurers (Direct Line, Tesco, amongst others) and ended up getting a quote from Bewiser Insurance for £753. So far, so good, it's expensive but what the hell. However, reading some of the customer reviews about insuring a vehicle with this company has left me frankly worried about having anything to do with them. Has anyone had any experience insuring a foreign-registered vehicle in the UK? I'd appreciate any help or advice with this matter.
  4. Recently we have had a conservatory installed, but it seems we cannot insure it unless we have buildings insurance. Building insurance is held by the Housing Assocciation therefore we cannot also insure the building also as I believe it could be an offence. Recently many conservatories suffered hail damage and we do not want to be a statistic. How do we get around this one and insure only the conservatory?
  • Create New...