Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'insurance company'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News

Blogs

  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day


Cost Per Day


Location

Found 2 results

  1. Hi, I am a new user here and presently out of the UK working in hungary. My car insurance is due for renewal on 12th August and my wife searched for cheaper car insurance and found it. Taking it out to commence on the conclusion of the previous insurance. In the meantime she received a letter from the insurance company informing us of the renewal premium and that unless cancelled they would automatically renew the insurance. Consequently my wife rang the insurance company and informed them that I was out of the country and that we had found alternative insurance and wished to cancel. They would not allow her to do so as she was not the policy holder - although she is a named driver on the insurance. When she informed them that I was not available to cancel the insurance myself they were most unsympathetic and told her that she could not cancel and the insurance would continue. She told them that she would inform the bank/credit card company not to pay the premeium but they told her that they would still renew the policy and continue to seek payment. She rang me last night most distressed because she did not know what to do and as it is illegal to have 2 insurances on one vehicle, plus the expense I have emailed them myself cancelling the insurance but they have not bothered to reply. What can she do? I cannot phone the insurance company as it would cost the earth to phone from eastern europe via mobile. Any help and advice would be most appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Hi all I have a taxi which last week was written off by my insurance companies assessor. Another driver on my "policy" crashed the car with no other cars involved. Basically his fault. I took all the documents into the insurance office today to proceed with the claim. I was then told that if I did not buy another car and have it insured with them that the remainder of the premium would be deducted from the settlement figure. This came as a bit of a shock, but I have read posts on here and on other sites basically saying they can do this so that isn't my main point. What annoys me and I would like some advice on is that when I took out insurance with this company I was never given details of the policy, only a certificate of motor insurance. So if they start quoting parts of the policy do I have a leg to stand on by telling them they should have provided me with the details of the policy when I took it out? Also they would not allow me to buy back the car, saying that the insurance company does not allow this. this annoyed me as well because I was given a quote to repair the car privately and it was not excessive. The way I have been adding things up, they stand to make a tidy profit from this and I will recieve around £400 if I accept their offer and they deduct the full premium. I would appreciate any advice on this Thanks in advance
×
×
  • Create New...