Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'injuries'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 11 results

  1. Hi, I am considering applying for Industrial Injuries Benefit but I am finding it difficult to get any evidence of the accident I had. The accident was way back in 1990 (February) and I am unsure if records are kep’t this long by an employer. My GP has records of the treatment I received after the injury but nothing that states that it was a work place accident. I already qualify for PIP (lower rate care & higher rate mobility) because of the injury I sustained and the effect it has on my daily life. Would my claim be accepted without evidence to support it was an accident or would the benefits adjudicators just refuse the claim ? Any advice greatly appreciated. Nic
  2. Hi My wife was seriously assaulted at her work 2.5 years ago. After a huge amount of hassle, delays, and mis-handling of information, she was eventually awarded £1000. Initially, the claim had been rejected due to lack of a Police report - which had already been provided - and we had to appeal that. My wife suffered soft tissue damage to her wrist, a patient had violently grabbed her, pinned her down on a desk, and held her there for quite a while before being subdued. She was off work for 6 months, suffered PTSD as a result of the assault and attended several physiotherapy sessions, and now has developed what is being queried as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which a specialist believes to be linked to the assault. We believe that very little has been taken into consideration when they (rather reluctantly it would seem) made the award, especially the PTSD, and now she has resigned due to her employer not making any attempt to accommodate her in a lighter role as her current position causes a great deal of pain and discomfort and essentially unable to carry out her duties. We are seriously considering appealing this and would appreciate any advice.
  3. Hi My son in law has received a claim form from Northampton County Court for damages arising out of a road traffic accident. He disputes that the impact could possibly have resulted in any injuries and he offered to pay for the damage to the claimant's car himself at the time of the accident. The served documents are extremely complex and he (and my daughter - who has just had her first baby) is confused over what is his best course of action. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks
  4. I broke my ankle at work in 2004, Due to medical negligence was forced to walk on said ankle for 5 years whilst still broken, so then needed multiple operations to address this, which never accomplished anything and will be on painkillers for the rest of my life and am unable to work due to this. Question 1) Can I still claim for this as it has been over 12 years. Question 2) if I was stopping in the isle of wight at a hotel for work, and I sustained the injury after work hours, but was only on the isle of wight to work, can I still claim iib for the injury? Thank you
  5. Hi back in 2012 I went to my docs about my hearing, he then sent me to my local ENT to get checked out, short story I have deafness because of the work I done so I put a claim in against my former employer I finished there in 2005, anyway x employer agreed and settled out of court last month, so last week I applied for IIDB on the grounds of industrial deafness, had a letter back today stating that I am writing to tell you that you cannot get iidb for the prescribed disease occupational deafness, this is because you did not claim within 5 years of the end of the job that was likely to cause occupational deafness, my point is shall I appeal as 5yrs ago I didn't know I was that deaf and its only been the last 4yrs its been proved that it was work that caused it, surely I have ground to appeal that it should be 5yrs from when I found out anyone have any help on this Regards DCA-King
  6. Hi All Not sure if this is the right place. My son was assaulted last May in an unprovoked attack which resulted in him losing one of his front teeth and having to have root canal treatment to the other. The lad responsible was caught and subsequently convicted of assault. My son was advised by the police to apply to CICA for compensation as not only did he have significant damage to his teeth resulting in almost 12 months of dental treatment, but it also meant him having to have time off college at a crucial time in his course. Although the treatment is now complete, he can't now eat hard foods like apples as it is uncomfortable. He also ended up splitting with his girlfriend as he was struggling to come to terms with what happened and hated the way he looked. He has just received his award which is the minimum of £1000. Is it worth us appealing against the decision? £1000 seems a small amount to get for the pain and suffering he has been caused over the past 12 months and the fact that he will have problems with his teeth from now on. Or should we just accept the award and be grateful that he got something? Does anyone know how successful appeals are and whether it's worth it? Thanks for reading.
  7. BACK IN 1985 I WAS AWARDED INDUSTRIAIL INJURIES DISABLEMENT BENEFIT FOR LIFE .at 49% disabled .i forgot to put this on WCA form
  8. Hi my self neel, unfortunately i had accidental injury during holiday to my wrist .i provided them medical certificate i requested to gym to cancel my membership but they reply as follows:- "Unfortunately, we have spoken to the centre manager and cannot accept this as termination of your contract. The medical note states only a short term period of 21days for you not to use your wrist. As you are signed on an 18month contract this far outweighs the time length given on your doctor’s note for you to get better.If you are worried about re-injury, I suggest you speak with your doctor and allow him to advise you on exercises you may be able to do to strengthen your wrist. We can also offer you a personal session with our gym manager who will assess your situation and advise you on suitable exercises." I dont want to take risk of injuring my wrist again. but still they took money out of my bank account . now i have cancelled direct debit they handed over to debt collection group . i signed contract with lesiure group for 18 month membership . contract form only had annual or 2 years membership But sales person handwritten on form as 18 month contract . there is no term and condition for 18 month membership on that form ....can i fight for this
  9. The background to the problem: due to age discrimination, bullying, lack of meeting safety requirements and more caused and aggravated injuries to my mother, an employee at a large High Street Bank. Consequently, she needed surgery last year from which she is yet to fully recover. Because of the period of Sickness Absence taken she has had to apply for disability retirement because of this Work Related Upper Limb Disorder. She suffered injuries to her tendons in both hands and her back from working as a bank teller in a high street branch. She was an employee with the bank for over 12 years. There is so much more but I will spare you the details right now. I was looking for help in finding a solicitor to help us make a claim against her employer. The difficulty I have had is finding a decent and knowledgeable firm that can seriously tackle both the employment law and injury law aspects. The market seems to be saturated with "no win, no fee" accident injury claim solicitors, though I'm worried that most are not good enough to tackle a complicated case such as this. Please if someone could spare some time to help us in this matter. Thanks for reading.
  10. Hi, Can someone in the know advise me please.. My partner had an industrial accident at work going back in 2010 for which he applied for IIDB. He sustained an incarcerated inguinal hernia for which he had to have emergency mesh repair surgery and he then developed post surgery chronic left groin pain and tenderness in the pubic tubercle(osteitis pubis.) The benefits centre wrote back and agreed that the accident was an industrial accident. They awarded him a loss of faculty and was assessed as 2% disabled for life. However,he was not awarded any benefit because his assessment was less than 14%. My question is can he apply for IIDB again as his circumstances have changed? His groin pain has got progressively worse over the months and is now undergoing pain management at a hospital clinic. The consultant anaesthetist at the clinic has just recently given him an ilio inguinal nerve block injection which only gives him temporary pain relief and has a follow up appointment in January. The groin pain restricts his daily mobility in terms of his personal care,walking,preparing meals etc. He needs help and assistance with these tasks. Does he need to make a fresh claim or does he need to fill out the 'change of circumstance' form? Many thanks for any advice.
  11. Hi Everyone My partner had an accident whilst at work 14 months ago and now she as been told she is all but retired, this will mean she will lose out on 11 years earnings amounting to around £550,000 gross. without any increments or promotions added. This would be in addition to her other injuries. She as also lost 20 years of memory and the family problems that's created.for her. She suffers constant pain in her head and neck. We approached our Household Insurers who agreed for our local solicitor to act on our behalf and the other sides insurers have accepted liability. She attended an assesment by a consultant some 6 weeks ago, but our solicitor has not received the report and seems reluctant to chase the consultant for it, so we are no closer to actually establishing a claim. Is there anything we can do to get this claim completed sooner rather than later and try to get our lives back to some form of normality, living on benifits is very hard and our arrears with the mortgage and utility companies are growing. I have trying to sell my specialist equipment and tools used in my trade to help pay the household bills, can this be reclaimed from the othersides insurers? I feel if we went to specialist accident solicitors now, we would be landed with a big bill from our current solicitor, isthis correct? Any help and advise would be much appreciated. Thank you
  • Create New...