Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'howard cohen solicitors'.
Found 3 results
HI Im a new user here! Help! Have received County Court Claim from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd on behalf of Robinson Way/Howard Cohen and Co for £1568 plus £621 interest for a debt that was with first Direct. Was with MKDP LPP but obviously have sold it on to Robinson Way . Had no problems with MKDP previously and had made payments so its not statute barred. Have offered a min payment and sent financial statement as requested but their response was for me to call them to discuss further (i wrote them as don't like to have anything not in writing) They did not respond and have passed it on to Howard Cohen who have in turn issued County Court Claim. Anything i can do to stop it going to court, I don't think i can dispute the debt but i am aggrieved that i have done everything that has been asked by offering a payment. I have other debts and they have all accepted my offers previously so was not expecting this to go this far! is it too late to ask for CCA Request? I don't recall have a Default letter but it may of been sent years ago by original company? thanks
My first time posting so I hope I am doing this correct. I would appreciate any advice you can give me. back in 2008-2011 I got myself in to a lot of debt due to being made redundant 3 times in as many years and not having enough money to pay credit cards etc, I concentrated on paying my mortgage and gas electric etc. In 2011 I decided to sell my house and pay off debts with some of the equity I had in my house and went in to rented accommodation ....I setup payment plans with some of my remaining creditors, some of which have now finished and some nearly finishing and not defaulting once on any of the payments and finally I am beginning to breath again! However, Barclaycard is the only one I didn't come to some arrangement with, I wrote to them (back in 2010) asking why my debt was over 12k when my credit limit was only 8k. I asked if they could take off the interest and setup a payment plan. I didn't hear back from them, I then moved house and up until a couple of months ago never heard a thing from them... .and then every debt recovery company you could think of started ringing me and some sending me letters. (I have not spoken to them or had any contact with any of the debt collectors) I this morning received a letter from Howard Cohen Solicitors working on behalf Robinson way, threatening court action and a ccj. They are asking for £12554.24 I really don't know how to approach this - I somehow managed to go this far without getting a CCJ, I have worked so hard to clear my debts and I am winning, to get a CCJ now would just be a massive kick in the wotsit. Do I contact these people and tell them I can't pay the 12554.64??....I don't have this kind of money. I am not trying to get out of paying this debt, I just don't see why I should pay 4.5k interest. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you
Hi Guys, This is my first post so I hope to get a reply. A year or two ago I stupidly got a topman credit card (provided by santander) and acquired about £400 worth of debt. I was happily paying Santander back the minimum each month, I went travelling abroad and was still paying the debt back but when I returned to the UK in April, I missed the payment for that month and as such my direct debit was cancelled (not by me). I found the relevant email address on Santander's website and informed them that I had indeed missed a payment, and that I was currently unemployed with no funds but very willing to continue paying off the debt with the minimum each month and asked whether it was possible to freeze my account for a month. I heard nothing back and so sent them a follow up email to the same address with the original email attached. I tried calling them but go through to no-one and was suddenly receiving letters from Viking debt collectors (I think) and then more recently, Lewis Debt Collectors. I chose to ignore these as I had tried to get in touch with Santander themselves and did not see it as fair for my debt to be sold on. Today (24th August 2011), I received a letter from Howard Cohen Solicitors threatening court action for the amount (including fees now £515). I sent a CCA letter today asking them to provide all details of my agreement within 12 days (I've heard that they can buy debt illegally?) I am worried that if in the next 12 days they do in fact provide my original agreement and threaten to take me to court, what my options are. I had sent Santander emails telling them I was willing to pay the debt bit by bit. I am still currently unemployed and cannot afford a great deal. Have I gone about this in the correct manner? What is likely to happen next? Many thanks, Pj