Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'handled'.
Found 2 results
Make a long story short: Jan 2014: T-Mobile couldn't provide a usable mobile service due to an ongoing technical fault which lasted 6 months. Let me out of contract early (about 6 months remaining). (Irrelevant why, but) I accepted a handset upgrade for £59.99 which I promptly returned without argument. When I received the credit card bill, there was the charge for £59.99 (handset) and an additional charge of £65.39 Spoke to customer services - they could not explain the charge and they told me that both amounts would be refunded within a few days. Don't get the refund, then eventually (after about five weeks) just contact the CC company to reverse the charges. I had spoken to EE customer service innumerable times before doing this. Nobody has ever been able to explain the £65.39 charge - even up until now. Over the subsequent several months, Moorcroft get involved. I phone them and tell them the whole story. They tell me that they'll speak to their client (EE). Wait about a month or so and I get a letter from Moorcroft just demanding the £125.38 amount again. Finally get so pi**ed off with it, I write to them in January 2015 outlining everything that happened, and what everybody has said, including time and dates I had previously spoken to EE and Moorcroft. I told them in the letter that if I do not get a response regarding the unexplained charges, I will ignore their letters unitl I do. Get a standard response saying that they will speak to their client. Nothing happens until May 2015, just get another letter with the same demand. Ignore it. Get a further two letters in July which I also ignore. Now to what's happened as of now: Email complaints at EE explaining the situation. They still cannot explain the charge. I now appears after some explaination that I did get a refund into my bank from EE but it took them so long that, in order, I did the chargeback, they refunded, then the CC company took about 4 weeks after the request to actually get the money off of them. I have asked them time and again - both Moorcroft and EE - to account for the charges. I have also told them that if a debt exists that I owe, I will pay it. So in the last week I've been looking at my credit report as I failed to get a loan, and everything is green except a default notice every month since the middle of 2014 by EE. I've been back and to via email with EE this week getting nowhere, so I just decide to offer them the £125.38 (which there a chance that it is owed), but they refuse because the debt is with a DCA (Moorcroft). I have already asked them and they told me that the debt has not been sold to Moorcroft, they are just (attempting) to collect it. I've just told them that we are in this situation because Moorcroft did not act in January 2015, and so I refuse to deal with them. So the bottom line is that EE have not sold the debt to Moorcroft. I refuse to deal with Moorcroft. I have offered to pay EE the total amount to stop my (was perfect) credit score being wrecked. Looks like they are refusing to accept my money! What can I do? I don't want to be awkward about it, but I really don't want to give Moorcroft any satisfaction of being able to settle the debt because if it wasn't for them, this could have been sorted several months ago, and my credit rating would now probably be quite good again.
Afternoon, Recently at my place of employment, a large PLC construction company, 2 positions of Contracts Manager have become available within our region. I have worked at the company for over 6 years and am a grade below this working as a Senior Site Manager with a proven track record for delivering success on behalf of the company. A position has been internally advertised which i have applied for and been selected for an interview later in the month. On speaking with our HR department, 1 of the above positions has been `given` to a site manager (a grade below myself) without internal advertisement or interview. Unfortunately, this position covers the area of our region that falls within the natural locality of where i am based, the other that has been openly advertised would involve far too much travelling for myself to be economical or realistic to the business. The company is happy to interview me but the reality is that i could not possibly be offered the position. The whole process does seem to contravene the companies `equal opportunities policy` stating that all employees should be shown equal fairness when the opportunity for promotion arises. I have lodged a grievance and am awaiting a reply. Thanks,