Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'grants'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




Found 4 results

  1. Hi. I'm 24 and looking to go back into education in September (by which time I'll be 25) to study Animal Behaviour. I was told by a university this week that I would need either A Levels or an Access to HE course to allow me to apply. There seems to be plenty of funding available for university students, but I can't seem to find any for full time college students, as you can not apply for student living grants/loans until uni. I am living away from home and have been claiming ESA for a while now, but that will be ending soon. I know I can get a loan to cover the cost of any course and exam fees (from 24+ Advanced Learning Loan), but does anyone know of any help with living costs, or even any benefits I can claim whilst at college to pay for rent, food, bills etc? I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread, or even if anyone here can help, but I thought it was worth a shot as CAG has been very helpful in the past, and I'm struggling to work out what to do now after being turned down by the university. Thanks. Matt.
  2. does anybody know if there are any ways to get grants to study distance learning courses? i am currently on ESA, and am absolutely desperate to get off it, i know what i want to do, and working for myself could well be manageable. i have found the course i want to do, and it is level 4 fully accredited, and could well be my ticket off the god awful benefits system. only problem, there is no way i can afford it! the course does not accept installments either, though i still doubt i would have been able to afford paying that way either. is there any help out there?and if not then surely this is the sort of stuff the government should really be spending money on helping people with instead of that bloody work programme garbage. many thanks in advance
  3. Evening I am trying to search for Govt grants to help cover the costs of re-configuring a property. Relative has dementia. Spouse is sole carer - and it is really too much work for them. I want to get financial help to convert relative's existing home to make it more user-friendly for them and their spouse. There is currently no downstairs toilet/bathroom. Soon relative will no longer be able to get upstairs to sleep or bathe. I would like to reconfigure parking and garage space beneath relative's house to add a bedroom, bathroom and toilet. There are already two rooms - a bedroom and bathroom - above the car parking space so with the additional single garage there would be plenty of space to use, to create a very user-friendly area for this relative. We would also like to consider a live-in carer. Are there Government grants available to help with the cost of converting relative's house ? And to help with the costs of a live-in carer ? Where do I look?
  4. When applying for student finance (I think May if going to uni in Sept 2013?) and you put down your parents income, do they ask for your parents income over the last whole year (P60) or their current wage? So if a parent only got a job in Feb/March then their wage over a year would be minimal? Also, what if they turned out to be not well enough to continue to work and so had to give up or reduce hours, can you apply to increase any maintenance grant award or is it set for the year even if your parent only worked for a month in the end and is back on means tested benefits? Thanks.
  • Create New...