Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'dependent'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 2 results

  1. I am a single mum working part-time and receiving a some housing benefit. Recently my 17 old daughter who is a full-time college student has started a part-time job. Will her earnings affect my Housing Benefit?
  2. Hi, Had a huge panic today! I moved in with my girlfriend's mum in September when I started work in Manchester. I naively assumed that the house was owned, when today I find out it's a council house. So now I realise that by not informing the Council that I've moved in (which they require!!) that she may have royally screwed up in terms of the law. To my knowledge, ordinarily you get assessed on each non-dependent living with you and have an amount removed from your housing benefit accordingly. However the house is under the name of someone who receives the disability care component allowance, and counts as an exception to this rule. The mum is a live-in, full-time carer for him. As such, the only benefit they receive is a disability allowance and not housing benefit. As the exception to the rule, even though she didn't inform the Council that I'd moved in, there wouldn't have been any difference to the amount they owed due to non-dependants right? If I inform them this week that I've moved in, are they likely to take criminal action? Fine her? It was simply out of ignorance that she didn't inform them, not any malice or intent to fraudulently let me live there! They haven't approached us about me living there the past four months, but surely it's a matter of time and better to come forward? Any advice? Thanks!
  • Create New...