Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'ctr'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 3 results

  1. Hi guys, just a quick couple of questions. 1) Person A owns a house. He cannot live at the property temporarily. He is also signed off sick by his doctor and gets ESA. Because of this, he is living with a family member. The family member is on income support. They get countil tax reduction. What he wants to know is, would he also get council tax reduction on his own mortgaged property as well?
  2. Its my understanding that a person with a nil income who can show this via bank statements etc, can claim HB/CTR. I also understood it that they would have to still pay the minimum amount same as a person claiming jsa/esa etc. An aquaintance of my family has just declared a nil income and been told he wont be needing to pay rent/ct as he has no income and has shown this via the correct methods...........? I have a feeling its incorrect info and would really not like to see him getting a letter and arrears delivered at some point later on. our local council are very good at messing up these things, but i could be wrong. Anybody with any knowledge of this nil income thing please?
  3. my neighbour was living alone and on esa in support group due to health problems. recently she has had a change of circumstances and her adult daughter and granddaughter have had to move in with her, its a one bedroom flat. neighbour informed HB and CTR of the change. her daughter is on esa assessment phase, due to health problems that are likely to last quite some time and is awaiting referral appointment by GP. the council have advised her today that her housing benefit has been reduced by £18 per week due to the change, but no change to her council tax?....we have tried to find a benefits calculator online but the only one we found calculated £14 to pay for rent and £4 plus a few pence for council tax. she spoke on the phone to benefits today as she had not had a reply from when she wrote to advise them of the change. They said they had sent the letter reply to the wrong address, her old address from 2yrs ago....great, but they couldn't see that her council tax relief had changed just the rent. They are apparently now resending the original letter. I cant help thinking that both rent and council tax would be affected? the last thing she needs is a bill out of the blue for their error ....
  • Create New...