Sadly I’m learning online that mine is a typical story of very poor COMET service. Could any helpful readers remind me where the online feedback sites are that COMET monitor. I saw a link to them the other day but cannot now find the thread again.
I purchased a gas cooker from the COMET auction site as I am currently unemployed which was delivered on the 28th November. Unfortunately the delivery people had smashed the glass grill door. Having two young children and having had my old cooker removed I was obliged to accept the delivery so at least I could cook. This is not a big deal, accidents happen of course, and I was happy to wait for a few days to get a replacement door under the warranty terms. Here’s where the fun starts though!
It took a 30 minute call to finally get a repair arranged for the 2nd December (8am-1pm) via Arron in the ‘engineers’ section - ticket number 6528312. As I sat in waiting on the day I thought I should check if a more precise time slot was available having not received any confirmation calls. After a 45 minute call, most of which was on hold, I was;
· Passed from the Auctions Dept (Becky) to the Kitchen Specialists (Lauren) to the Engineers (Gregg) and back again to the Kitchen Specialists (Ella)
· Told no engineer was in fact coming that day
· Told an engineer was booked in for 30th DECEMBER!
· Put back in the loop system twice, once by the ‘engineer’ Gregg after I asked to speak to a supervisor.
· Then told I couldn’t speak to a supervisor but could be booked to get one to call me back sometime over the next 8 hours (what!?)
· Told that I have a revised repair date of the 7th December somewhere between 8am & 6pm.
I emailed Bob Darke and Mike Rooney at COMET asking if either of them thought that after damaging my purchase whilst it was being delivered, that they should be making some effort to put the matter right? I also sought a reassurance that I would not be let down again on the 7th December. Rather naively I asked if either cared sufficiently to do anything about this.
Later that day (2nd December) I received what looks like an auto-generated response stating that they “will endeavour to respond by no later than 3 working days. If we are unable to give a complete response within this time we will contact you direct with an update on the situation.”
Meanwhile, on the repair front, an engineer did indeed telephone today but not to schedule the time to come and fit the part. It was to state that he would be coming out to examine the cooker to get the model/part number after which he would only then order the part which would take 5-10 working days to arrive. Then, and only after this, would a date be scheduled for fitting the part. I immediately bent down in front of the cooker and read off the necessary model/part numbers to the engineer. This is staggeringly incompetent and begs a number of questions;
1. Why, on 22nd Dec, did Aaron in the engineers dept not ask me to do this and get the model/part ordered?
2. Why has no one to date from COMET checked my purchase details to ascertain the model/part numbers and order the part?
3. They failed to fulfil the scheduled repair on the 2nd December, why did they not have the courtesy to call me to explain why they would not be coming?
4. Why, when I called on the 2nd December and spoke to Becky in the Auctions Dept, did they not ask me to give them the model/part numbers and then order the part?
5. Why, when I called on the 2nd December and spoke to Gregg in the Engineers Dept, did they not ask me to give them the model/part numbers and then order the part?
6. Why, when I called on the 2nd December and spoke to Ella in the Kitchen Specialists Dept, did they not ask me to give them the model/part numbers and then order the part?
7. Why, when I called on the 2nd December and spoke to Lauren in the Kitchen Specialists Dept, did they not ask me to give them the model/part numbers and then order the part?
In regards to my complaint, this is the 4th working day since COMET promised to give a complete response within 3 days or contact me direct with an update on the situation. I've heard nothing and am just about to pick up the phone to them yet again (deep sigh!).
The bottom line here is that since they smashed the glass door whilst delivering the cooker on the 28th November, they have only begun to order the new part 9 days later. This despite my repeated calls and emails involving no fewer than 10 COMET employees including the Managing Director.