Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cfa'.
Found 4 results
Sounds familiar!! I thought it was my imagination… I was stitched up like a kipper by the biased district judges!!
I am part way through a claim for Psychological damage in the workplace, which is being funded via a CFA. I have seen one expert witness, whose report was very favourable to me, with regard to the cause of my mental health. The defendants have now requested that I see an expert witness appointed by themselves, which is due to take place shortly, and I am happy to do so. The mental health team, who have been working with me for the last 3 years, are confident that the 2nd expert witness will not find an alternative reason for my illness, either via my medical notes or discussion with myself. I was rather surprised to receive a letter from my solicitor, suggesting that he makes an offer to the defendants under Section 36. This offer would be for 60% of the lowest amount which I would be likely to be awarded if successful in Court. At this stage, I had not anticipated that we would be offering a low settlement figure, as my solicitor had indicated that we have a strong case, with paperwork and witness statements from colleagues to evidence what happened. My own thinking is that it is better to wait a couple of weeks for the 2nd expert witness report, as this is likely to strengthen our case. As this case is funded via CFA, do I have to agree with the action proposed by my solicitor, or risk losing the CFA funding? Thank you.
Hi. I signed a CFA, then cancelled it after 6 days, well within the 14 day cancellation period, which by the contract means I am not liable for any costs. With the CFA I also took out ATE insurance. My question is, am I liable for the cost of the ATE insurance, or do I have to cancel that too?
I hope there is somebody who can help with this. I have a county court case which is due a trial date in Sept - it's a 'consumer credit agreement v Bank' I signed a CFA several years ago with a solicitor and they provided ATE Insurance (Insurance Policy Schedule supplied by Solicitor). But, I have just been informed today that they presently are now NOT covered with ATE Insurance. They advised I should continue with the case to 'trial' but stated that if I progress and lose the case, I will pay the other sides costs, my barrister fees, the other side's barrister fees, they state a figure of a guesstimate 10k in fee's. At their request, I have paid all disbursements out of my own pocket to date, total over £1200. They also state that if I break the CFA agreement (ie. not to proceed to trial), I would be liable for costs to date, to my Solicitor and the other side's Solicitor fee's, plus disbursements. The case commenced around 4 year ago. My question, is this 'professional negligence' on their part by stating they presently NOW don't have ATE Insurance and requesting me to proceed to trial even though I signed a CFA with ATE Insurance over 2 year ago (Policy Schedule supplied) - does anyone known where I should go with this now... any advice please...very welcome...many thanks Any help/direction would be very useful. Regards, Howard