Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cashing'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 5 results

  1. Hi all ... Hope this is the right place to post this. Having lost everything in the recession I then suffered a major breakdown and now have Complex PTSD and fibromalgia amongst other illnesses which are all getting worse. After two years of being homeless myself and my partner were given a council flat. Our neighbours are the local drug dealers and generally bad things happen daily. I now won't go out of the flat at all. I have a pension which I could cash in in 18 months and I wanted to do this and buy a small cheap house. I currently get PIP and my partner gets carers allowance and we get income support which I apparently claim for us both. I don't really understand it all as the CAB sorted it out for us. If I did cash in my pension and buy a house would our income support stop. Also would this affect my state pension when I get to retirement age. Someone told me that we wouldn't be entitled to pension credits. Thanking you in advance for any advice you can give.
  2. The Government’s flagship energy efficiency scheme is at risk of being undermined by [problem]mers trying to make a quick buck, reveals new evidence from Citizens Advice. Seven in 10 consumer queries to Citizens Advice about Green Deal are about [problem]s. More than half of people caught out by these [problem]s are contacted out of the blue, either over the phone or by door to door sales, and offered thousands of pounds worth of home improvements for free. Citizens Advice wants to see a ban on cold calling and doorstep selling of Green Deal to protect consumers from fake firms. New analysis from Citizens Advice finds people are losing up to £500 after paying a fee for an assessment that never goes ahead or, if it does, the company then doesn’t get in touch to do the work. In some cases people are asked to provide their bank details for the assessment fee to be refunded only to find more money is taken from their account without their permission. Under the actual Green Deal system you may be asked to pay an assessment fee but any costs should be explained and a Green Deal Advice Report provided after the assessment. http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/pressoffice/press_index/press_20140424.htm
  3. my ltd company bought a laptop from someone on the express condition it wasn't faulty , stolen and as described. He was paid by a crossed cheque (ac payee only) A day later i got a call from a cheque cashing company who asked me a couple of questions , namely did i issue the cheque , how much , who to and what for. they also asked me if there were funds in the account to cover it and that there were no stops on the cheque. i answered all their questions.. I only tested the laptop breifly on mains power , after a day i found that the battery wasn't holding a charge and that if you did anything more than open a browser it overheated and died. I called the guy who sold it and after not being able to get hold of him that day put a stop on the cheque. He eventually turned up 3 days later and collected the laptop. I received a letter from the cheque cashing company , telling me the cheque is unpaid and demanding i pay them the full amount + £25 or they will "take further action" can the 3rd party , i have no contract with enforce this. If they can this means i'm out of pocket to the tune of £600 with no goods to show for it. a quick google search found this on http://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk "Crossed cheques The rules concerning crossed cheques are set out in Section 1 of the Cheques Act of 1992 and prevent cheques being cashed by or paid into the accounts of third parties. On a crossed cheque the words “account payee only” (or similar) are printed between two parallel vertical lines in the centre of the cheque. This makes the cheque non-transferable and is to avoid cheques being endorsed and paid into an account other than that of the named payee. Crossing cheques basically ensures that the money is paid into an account of the intended beneficiary of the cheque." The Cheque was a/c payee only , surely it was non transerable and there not enforceable by a 3rd party ?
  4. Since falling foul of the debt collection industry several years ago I have managed to exist without a bank account - difficult but I have managed it. I have a small quantity of premium bonds gathering dust (a few hundred pounds) and rather than let this money stagnate I would like to cash them in. My question is does the warrant issued have to be paid through a bank account or can I go into any bank with my passport and cash in the warrant for readies? I do not want to use any of the rip off facility services that offer to cash such a payment for a fee.
  5. I need to make a quick decision about this one guys. Basically, I was about to file for bankruptcy as it seems the best option for my situation (renting, safe bank account with under £1000 in, total bank account/card debts of £20K, self-employed but minimal trade until I change career). I had considered an IVA through Payplan but would have ended up paying back 40% or so of the total while I still receive some benefits such as HB, TC and CTC. So, everything was set, I have basic stock left which wouldn't be easy for an OR to sell off...but then I realised that my mother had made around 5 investments for me when I was young, from which the interest was going into her bank account monthly. These investments do total £20K, and thought it best that she close them in case the OR discovers them and puts the blame on me. However, cheques came in my name. What do I do? As the interest was passing to her did they legally become her money? My accounts do actually show I owe her several thousand from loans, but cashing them in then transferring to her looks pretty sneaky no matter what reason. What's the best option for me now, scrap bankruptcy? All replies and opinions on this are hugely important to me right now.
  • Create New...