Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cabrot'.
Found 2 results
Hi there I am guessing this is a common problem. Around 2 years ago, I received a threat from Cabrot regarding an £8k credit card from Halifax taken out in 2000 (I think - may have been 2001). I followed instructions and sent them a letter requesting a copy of the CCA and got the usual BS saying they couldn't find the file but I am still liable for the debt, the last I heard from them was August 2016. Anyhow, out of the blue. Yesterday, I received a letter from our beloved friends stating they had found said documents and they believe these were enforceable to obtain a CCJ. There is no signature on the forms and the page numbers do not correspond properly with corresponding numbers either missing or duplicated (I have copies attached with details blanked out - I can only upload 5 but have another 5 or 6). Additionally, there is no credit limit either, just a note to say that it will be determined and could vary. They do however, have my name & address on the top of the form. Based on this would it be enforceable and accordingly, how should I reply? I had hoped this had been put to bed but sadly not and I'm hoping I am not screwed. Thanks in anticipation. KR
Hi - I got advised to log my story on this site by MBaxter who I often work with in the states. He cant sing your praises highly enough. 1. I have an outstanding debt from a Lloyds C/C for just over 6k. I received a letter before action sent to a relatives house who I have registered for my mail. I do come back home every 3 months for about 10 days at a time and I am not sure whether I will stay here or not. I own no property or assetts in the UK, so they can't touch me there but I don't know whether I will return to the UK as the industry we work in is changing fast and there is a possibility by the end of 2017, I could be back in the UK and don't want them to hit me with a CCJ by default. 2. The debt is from 2000 and I was paying said fleecers via Stepchange about £50 a month from 2008 up until June 2013 but I realized the outstanding amount was increasing. As a side note, it was Mbaxter who spoke to me about his DMP and I advised him on what I had learnt about my debt increasing so he stopped paying his too. 3. There had been several letters from them that I had asked my family member to open for me threatening to take my first born etc. But about 8 weeks ago, I received a letter which was "a letter before action" from their solicitors. Having read other threads on here and other sites, I sent them a CPR31 letter which I scanned and emailed to my relatives who sent it recorded delivery for me, with a footnote that I am living overseas and that if requested, they can have my US address or continue to write to the UK address in Southampton. 4. Tuesday, they sent a letter back acknowledging my letter, saying that they have referred this back to their client and that they will no longer be looking after this case anymore. My question is, should I send Cab's a CCA request for this now or should I await further communication from them I fear they maybe serving court papers, so is it best to get in quick with this? I am back next week for the Easter break, so I can send this myself. I'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thank you.