Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'brachers'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Campaign
    • Helpful Organisations
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - you need to register to access the CAG library
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
  • Work, Social and Community
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
  • Motoring
  • Legal Forums
  • Latest Consumer News


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Quit Date

Between and

Cigarettes Per Day

Cost Per Day


Found 2 results

  1. Hi, Looking for a little advice on how to proceed,I I have received a CC claim form from Amex\Brachers regarding an outstanding balance on my former Amex Corp Card. I got made redundant in January 2014, before leaving the company I submitted my remaining expenses to the company for payment (The company paid Amex dues directly). I calculated my personal expenditure approx £2500 and paid this directly to Amex in February 2014 and I received my redundancy payment at the end of February.2014. In March I received a letter for late payment charges on an outstanding balance of £4415.41, I responded to them that I had submitted expenses to cover this amount with my former employer and did not hear anything else until April where I was contacted by Amex claiming to be the debt recovery department and asking when I would be settling my outstanding balance. I explained as before that i submitted expenses to cover this amount, and that they should take the matter up with my former employer, after a lot more call repeating the same information, I attempted to contact my former manager, the personnel department and the expenses department via the contact method for ex-employees. After a lot more emails (the only method on communication they accept) It was confirmed that my expenses although submitted were not paid as my former manager who is from Belgium had declined to approve them . My manager has refused to comment on this despite email phone calls & Txt's. The personnel department will not get involved as I am now not an employee. I repeated this information back to Amex who said they would contact my former employer for clarification, I was then sent a list of statements by Amex detailing the outstanding balance and a demand for payment and a hefty interest/latepayment charges. This conversation has continued and continued, Brachers then got involved and even suggested that I should sue my former employee for the money ! I am not in a position to pay the outstanding amount, my former employer is refusing to get involved, I have also learnt that former manager has now left. I am getting nowhere. I am still out of work with many other debts starting to pile up and this driving me insane. Any ideas on how would i file this as a defence for the CC, would this be accepted as a defence or am i wasting my time get the ccj and offer a £1 a month until restart work (hopefully soon). Regards Polymath
  2. Hi fellow caggers, Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes. My wife got a statuory demand through the post from amex solicitors, Brachers LLP. I was just going to ignore it but after reading other threads, decided to go for set aside. I filled in the forms and sent them to the court, who have now replied with a date for a hearing in early August. I understand that I have to send one copy of the paper work to the claimant but what do I do with the other, do I send it back to the court? or send it to my nearest court? Any info/advice gratefully received.
  • Create New...