Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'appaling'.
Found 2 results
Sorry if this seem to be a long post , but please bare with me My Daughter signed via the internet for basic 11gb BT broadband , she has yet to receive a hard copy of the contract or “Welcome pack “,only an email confirmation About 10 days after applying she received (by post ) the BT hub , and a day later put it into service . She was horrified 3 days later to receive a warning email telling her she had exceeded the download limit by almost double . Horrified due to A) The high cost of excess data charges B) The fact that even though devices were connected all were set to not update unless the relevant ok was clicked , she had not carried any downloads or film watching and could not understand how so much data could have been downloaded She then disconnected all connected devices , went out , and 3 hrs later when she checked it was showing and additional 10gb of data had been downloaded , this on an up to 8mb service Then the first of many calls to BT “customer service “ Various assurances were made , ignored , denied , forgotten She was talked down to as though she was a silly school girl , talked at , talked over and hung up on , in the latest call , witnessed by my OH , she had to tell the BT person he was rude , and to stop talking over her when she was trying to get her points across .The first BT person had said they would look into the downloads and tell her how and when . BT , as yet have failed to provide this data , and are deny ever saying this was possible , lets hope a review of recordings of telephone calls will show who is telling the truth She / we then decided we had had enough and to exercise the 14 day cooling off period . That is when the sting in the tail came . We consider the cooling off period start date is when you actually start to use the service . O no say BT it starts when you sign up. So you sign up get the service , find it wanting , go to cancel and get stuck with a £204 cancellation fee , because you have passed BT cooling period . We are refusing to pay the cancellation charge , only offering to pay any outstanding data charges , so BT said they would send a deadlock letter , this they have not , instead , a standard cancellation email has arrived . The standing order to this account has now been closed , and BT informed to only communicate by letter , as my daughter has limited ability to connect to secure and safe internet ( essentially ours at our house ) A letter of formal complaint has been sent .along with an offer to settle only outstanding data charges . My Daughter is a special needs care assistant on National Minimum wage , with a school age child , and is attempting to live independently , there is no way she could afford this cancellation fee So over to the experts Is this an unfair contract condition What chance do we have going up against the might of BT Last sum up ,For 3 days internet , BT want £204 as well as the initial charges !!
Hi All, First post on the forum, but have read many other similar threads now that I have done some searching on the internet - wish we had done so before switching to Vodafone. Brief summary: Vodafone seem to have messed up porting a number and while it can call and text the SIM can't get any mobile data at all. It's been like this for 6 weeks and Vodafone don't seem to be able/willing to do anything about it. Meanwhile they're still taking our money. I've complained in store (more than once waited in the store while staff are on hold to someone else for so long that the store closes and I get kicked out!), I've spoken to them on the phone, and have spent hours on the webchat system, I've even made a complaint directly to the CEO. Every time I complain I'm told just to wait 24/48/72 hours and the mistake will be corrected. It never is. From what I can gather only a handful of people in Vodafone can actually interact with the porting system and they are never customer facing and difficult for even executive level complaints to get in touch with. I'm on here to see if anyone can give advice about what to try next? It seems like options might be: Complain to ombusdsman services - unfortunately they won't take the case on until 8 weeks have passed, so have to wait a little longer before approaching them. Try to tackle Vodafone legally as a breach of contract - they're more than happy to collect the direct debits but are not providing the service we agreed to - perhaps there is an appropriate angle here? Something else? Maybe the better informed users of this forum have good suggestions? Looking forward to getting peoples thoughts - help! Thanks for reading Owen