2K debt turned 30K by insolvency solicitors now threat of possession
I desperately need some legal advice and I cannot afford a solicitor. A small debt has turned into a massive charge on my house by a firm of solicitors and they are trying to possess my house for what was a £2k debt but their turned it into £30k in less than a year. Both myself and my wife are mental health patients and have a child too. Scared to death we are. Please share or help directly if you can. We need a good lawyer to help us out of this nightmare...
I can provide more details of course but here is in brief:
- Lloyds tsb credit card debt more than 7 years old
- my wife made bankrupt without us even knowing about any court
- we are both mental health patients, severe anxiety and major depression, in 40s and active but anxiety blocks decision making and acting in time rather we suffer in silence and regret...
- We have one child,
- I've been told we can't get legal help in spite of not having a high income collectively (
- Insolvency sols have threatened to possess the house and it is just too much to bear, really...
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.